Vacancy for Policy & Campaigns Intern (Paid) in London, UKInternships 07.10.2018
Liberty is a high-profile campaigning organisation that has been fighting for human rights protection for over eighty years. Liberty works on a diverse array of human rights issues, including non-discrimination, protest, digital rights, free speech, policy brutality and access to justice. We are a uniquely multi-disciplinary team, working to achieve change through a powerful combination of lobbying, strategic litigation, public campaigning and member activism. Liberty has been standing up for people and holding the powerful to account since 1934, and it is needed now more than ever.
Liberty is currently recruiting a Policy & Campaigns Intern to join the team. If you are interested in launching a career in human rights campaigning and legal activism then we want to hear from you.
The Policy & Campaigns Intern has a set of core responsibilities to which specific tasks and projects will be added based on their skills and experience.
- General administrative support (e.g. filing, preparation of documents, scheduling of meetings, travel arrangements)
- Data entry, coordinating of volunteers, and other administrative support for Liberty’s public advice service
- Coordinate logistics and administrative support for major events and meetings
- Attend Advocacy team meetings and participate in strategy discussions
- Accompany staff members to meetings with coalition partners, members of Parliament, and other officials, as appropriate
- Undertake research to support legal and policy work
- Design and create materials for publications, campaign actions, and other events, as needed
- Attend Liberty events as needed, including occasional duties outside of office hours.
- Maintain an awareness and knowledge of developments in human rights and civil liberties in the UK
Application forms should be returned by email as Word or PDF documents to HR@libertyhumanrights.org.uk with the job title as the subject no later than 9am Monday 22 October 2018.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
We also ask you to submit the diversity monitoring form, available from our website, but this is optional
First Round Interviews: Thursday 22 November 2018
Second Round Interviews: Thursday 29 November 2018