Vacancy for Projects Assistant (Intern) in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 16.10.2018
- Job Category: Internship
- Job Experience: None
- Job Location: Brussels
- Expiration Date: 31st October 2018
The Association of European Public Postal Operators (PostEurop) is the trade association that has been representing European public postal operators since 1993.
Its 52 members in 49 countries and territories collectively operate 175,000 retail counters, employ 2.1 million people and link 800 million people daily. PostEurop unites its members and promotes greater cooperation, sustainable growth and continuous innovation.
We are currently looking for a trainee/intern starting as soon as possible for the duration of 6 months with possible extension. The position offers an excellent practical learning experience to those with an interest in overall Project Management and specifically in Projects Communications and Projects accounting domain.
The placement will be in our offices in the heart of the European quarter in Brussels. The Internship will offer professional experience and a vibrant working environment.
- JOB CONTEXT
The Intern Projects Assistant will be responsible for:
- Working under the supervision and the coordination of the Senior Project Manager, on a day-to-day basis, assisting on several Projects while reporting to the Senior Project Manager.
- Assisting mainly on the Projects Communications and Accounting segments
- Assisting by preparing the workshops, Conferences, meetings to come in connection with European Union and Universal Postal Union (UPU) projects as well as day-to-day activities of PostEurop where Projects department is involved.
- Assisting to identify possible funding sources (Commission, UPU-QSF, World Bank, etc.) in accordance with PostEurop’s strategy.
- PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
The Intern Projects Assistant, under the supervision of Senior Project Manager, will monitor the performance of internal and external projects against targets and deadlines, and prepare related reports for PostEurop’s Senior Project Manager.
Supporting the Assistant Project Manager to prepare submissions to external bodies in respect of projects and project funding.
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / ACTIVITIES
In relation to the Projects Communications (INNOV’AGE Project)
- Support the development of Projects related content, including presentations, multi-media, PostEurop Newsletter (PENEWS) and Publications (Inside PostEurop) etc.
- Liaise with the Communications team to promote the Projects events & meetings on the PostEurop website, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Under supervision, update and draft regularly the Projects section on the PostEurop website and work related to extranet
- Assist with special events and meetings related to the Projects from Communications perspective
In relation to Projects Accounting (INNOV’AGE Project)
- Under Senior Project Manager supervision, liaise with the Assistant Project Manager on Projects Financial matters
- Handling expense reports and invoices following the European Commission and UPU guidelines and rules
- Assist in preparing the Financial Reports submission to the European Commission under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager
- Day to day activities
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree (Master’s Degree specialisation in either Communications and/or Accounting – specialized in both Communications and Accounting will be given high priority)
- Thorough knowledge of project management
- Understanding of European Institutions, UPU, CERP (other international organisations would be an asset)
- Able to cope with strict deadlines
- Excellent Communications skills, in English and French, both written and oral
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Capacity of understanding of European Commission financial & Communications rules
- Organised and structured
- Able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and exhibit self-motivation (“self-starter”)
- High computer literacy
- Good writing skills
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The candidate must be eligible for an Internship Agreement (Convention de Stage) which will be signed among the selected candidate, PostEurop and the University/Research Center/Training institute.
- Full-time position at PostEurop Headquarters in Brussels (38 hours/week).
- Reimbursement: 500€ per month
A CV (maximum of 2 pages) and motivation letter should be sent to Mr. Antonino Scribellito, Senior Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest by the 31st October 2018 quoting "PostEurop Intern Projects Assistant" in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview which will be held at PostEurop Headquarter in Brussels. For more information on PostEurop, please visit www.posteurop.org