Vacancy for Junior Designer (intern) in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 14.02.2019
Are you interested in working as a graphic designer on exciting projects in the environmental field, as part of a dynamic, international team in Brussels?
Who we are
shecco is a market accelerator of climate-friendly technologies providing market development, publishing and events management services worldwide. Our mission is to bring these technologies faster to the market in order to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible, thereby “sustaining our atmosphere”. We especially focus on helping our partners worldwide to introduce sustainable solutions for the Heating, Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC&R) industries.
We are a young and dynamic team, located in Brussels, Tokyo, Sydney and New York. We offer a flexible and modern working environment, within an international team with flat hierarchies and chances to grow.
To reinforce our design team, shecco is looking to recruit a graphic designer based in Brussels.
Estimated start date: April 2019
Reporting to the Head of Design, you will collaborate with the design team to create and develop designs for a wide variety of projects, including publications, events, videos, signage, presentations, posters, programmes, brochures, packaging, logos, and other materials. You will create and establish consistent and appropriate designs/branding for these projects, and reflect editorial content through graphic presentation as needed. You will also provide social media and website support.
- Execution of design for in-house brands,
- Design, Layout and Illustration for publications,
- Design for events all around the globe,
- Create feature images for our platforms,
- Social Media Campaigns,
- Video editing and short animations,
- Assist with quality assurance testing,
- Content population of websites.
- Bachelor Degree; Communication Design or similar,
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant working experience,
- Online portfolio demonstrating current skills,
- Solid working knowledge of the Mac environment,
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After effects and Premiere,
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Keynote,
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Ability to multi-task and meet set deadlines; Take projects from design to completion,
- Must have solid pre-press and print production skills and experience with 4-color process printing,
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, Photography Basics is a plus,
- Flexible and able to work under tight deadlines,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English,
- Team player; Quick learner and multidisciplinary approach,
- Contagious level of energy!
- Paid Internship (Convention d’Immersion Professionelle) for a 6-month period. Thereafter, this internship is intended to lead to permanent employment, based on performance.
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Monica De Vetter, at: +32 2 230 37 00.
Please use the online form via www.shecco.com to submit your application (including a link to your online portfolio)
Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline: 25 February 2019 but successful candidates might be selected before this deadline, so early application is recommended.
Interviews/tests will be held in Brussels by end of February / early March.