Vacancy for Trainee (Administration & Finance) in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 14.02.2019
Trainee – Administration and Finance
Are you interested in working for a young and dynamic think tank where your personal initiative and creativity can be put into practice every day?
We work to support Europe’s climate change objectives. We analyse which policies really reduce CO2 emissions, what innovative ideas can accelerate the transformation of the building sector and how governments, stakeholders and civil society can work together to make buildings fit for a sustainable future. Our work concentrates on Europe and its member states, but we are also increasing our activities outside the EU. Yes, we want to save the planet, one brick at a time!
BPIE’s team is a multi-national and dynamic group of dedicated individuals who like to collaborate in dynamic project teams, debate and celebrate together, focusing on a results-oriented and analytical work culture in a trustful and open-minded atmosphere.
BPIE is a non-profit think tank located in Brussels, with additional offices in Bucharest, Warsaw and Berlin, dedicated to improving the energy performance of buildings across Europe. BPIE provides open-source research, analysis, knowledge-sharing and advisory activities to the European Institutions, policy-makers in EU Member States and neighbouring countries, the scientific community as well as private sector stakeholders and the civil society. www.bpie.eu
Are you charmed? Convinced? Send us your application and come meet us!
Working in our small administration team, you will be trained to provide general administrative and organisational support and will:
- Provide logistic and administrative support in the organisation of meetings and other events such as rooms reservations, catering order etc.
- Provide support for travel and accommodation arrangements for staff such as flight/ train / hotel bookings, travel requests to be filed electronically
- Data entries and updates in the List of Missions
- File receipts for travel and hotel bookings along with bank statements and on paper per projects
- Draft requests for trips reimbursement, keep track of reimbursement requests, send reminders to organisations if needed
- Check travel expenses claim for reimbursement and check invoices
- Check time sheets and report allocated hours to respective projects
- Support the preparation of periodical financial reports
- Support the maintenance of the archiving and filing systems
- Perform any other tasks as necessary and as requested
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary education or university level in administration / finance or economics or any other relevant field
- Good written and oral English skills
- Good command of office equipment (Outlook and Internet) and good computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Attention to detail and service oriented attitude
- Willingness to work in a small, multicultural team and to be a pro-active team player
- Affinity with administrative tasks and with the mission of BPIE
- Citizen of an EU country
BPIE offers a 6-month internship contract with possibility of extension in the framework of the “Convention d’immersion professionnelle” based in Brussels ideally starting beginning of May under Belgian law.
A CV and cover letter in English should be sent to Anne-Sophie Nollet, firstname.lastname@example.org before March 10, 2019.
Please make sure to include the job title “Administrative Trainee” and your name in the subject line of the email.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited for a first round of interviews in March 2019.
While we will take all received applications into consideration, we regret that we are able only to communicate with those candidates selected for interview.
Please, no telephone calls.