Vacancy for International Business Investment and Trade Intern in Baku, Azerbaijan
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking individuals for an International Business Investment and Trade Intern position in its Economic Section/ Commercial Affairs Unit. Multiple selections may be made from this announcement
Note: All information and statement submitted for an internship vacancy are subject to verification. Any willful misstatement will result in elimination for internship consideration and if the individual is hired, subject to immediate termination irrespective of the length of internship.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
This intern assists Embassy activity to advance U.S. business interests in Azerbaijan. The intern conducts research on industries and economic indicators relevant to U.S. companies; coordinates international trade events and trade missions; and helps identify opportunities for Azerbaijani and U.S. business interests forge new relationships. The intern gains exposure and experience in learning about and participating in the process of international investment and trade concerns for large U.S. companies. Intern will also help the Economic Section with economic analysis and related administrative and support tasks. A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact ext. 3847.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. EDUCATION: Current undergraduate or graduate student study is required.
2. LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Azerbaijani or Russian is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) of reading/speaking/writing in the other language is required.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Skills in organization, written and oral communication, office software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint; professional research and written analysis skills. Ability to take initiative and complete assigned tasks with accuracy and little supervision
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
The following is required:
1. Azerbaijani citizen student in good academic standing at his/her current educational institution.
2. Must be a continuing student upon completion of the internship.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age.
4. All applicants must have medical insurance.
5. After selection, the student must receive security and medical clearance before receiving a formal offer of internship.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174)
2. Statement of Interest (in English);
3. Gratuitous Service Agreement (sample is available at U.S. Embassy Baku Internet page http://azerbaijan.usembassy.gov/ );
4. Written permission on internship from the educational institute (preferable in English), except for students at the following: ADA University, Khazar University, Baku Engineering University, Azerbaijan University of Languages, Baku Slavic University, Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University ;
5. Letter of recommendation (preferable in English);
6. Transcript of academic studies (preferable in English);
7. CV (Résumé)
Deadline: July 29, 2019
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO Only electronic copies: E-mail: BakuHRInternship@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT HR Office Telephone: 488-33-00 http://azerbaijan.usembassy.gov