IFC Brussels – Internship OpportunityInternships 17.06.2019
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC is currently looking for an intern under a Short-Term Temporary (STT) contract for up to 6 months to be based in Brussels, Belgium to support IFC’s relations with several European countries, including government, other stakeholders and the private sector. The position will also support relations with the EU institutions and European development banks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Government/EU relations: attend relevant meetings and track developments and prepare briefing notes as needed. Conduct research.
- Business development: conduct market and industry analysis and mapping exercises to identify new target clients; prepare initial reviews of potential clients/corporates; develop client pitch books and other marketing materials for client and country engagement meetings, as needed;
- Support IFC Senior staff visits and events; support the organization of events and meetings.
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal process including company and country briefs, strategic notes and presentation
- Final-year students or recent graduates in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Political Economy, Law;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Strong client service orientation and high level of diplomacy with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and flexibility to adapt to change;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English; French is a plus.
- This is initially a 6-month contract starting on or around September 1, 2019.
How to Apply
- Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line “Internship Brussels”
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application deadline: June 30, 2019.