Paid Internship Opportunity at The European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO)Internships 22.06.2020
August 2020 – March 2021 (6 months internship)
The European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) ASBL – www.ecs-org.eu – is a fully self-financed non-for-profit organisation under the Belgian law, established in June 2016.
ECSO is the contractual counterpart to the European Commission for the implementation of the European Cyber Security Contractual Public-Private Partnership (cPPP). ECSO members include a wide variety of stakeholders such as large companies, SMEs and Start-ups, research centres, universities, clusters and associations, users and operators as well as local, regional and national administrations, ECSO members originate from EU Member States, countries part of the European Economic Area (EEA), the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and H2020 associated countries.
ECSO offers a challenging, interesting and paid full-time position with real development opportunities.
Starting Date: 17th August 2020
CV + Cover Letter to be sent to: email@example.com
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted
Deadline for submitting your application: 10th July 2020
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Under the supervision of the Head of Communications and Senior Policy Manager, the intern will support and assist the work of the ECSO Team.
The intern will provide support to: marketing efforts to promote ECSO and its growing initiatives; preparation of our annual General Assembly and high level event; desktop research and follow discussions at the European Parliament on relevant political dossiers.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES
The Intern will support ECSO in the following aspects:
Administration: Edit & manage the Association’s CRM database and distribution lists daily.
Event management / Meeting preparation: Take part in the preparation of various ECSO events and meetings (book venues, deal with logistics arrangements, prepare meeting material in cooperation with Working Group coordinators).
Marketing: Collaborate with the team to create new ideas for campaigns to support lead efforts; Devise and deliver innovative means of engagement with target groups; Assist with content writing for the website and social media.
Research: Follow and report on discussions held at EU institutions (European Parliament ITRE/IMCO committees; European Commission and Council); identify institutional stakeholders and support our engagement.
Other: Fulfilling other responsibilities and tasks as directed by the Secretary General.
- Have at least 6 months to 1 year of experience working in Brussels (think tank, NGO, membership-based association, EU Institutions);
- Proven interest in cybersecurity;
- Proactive, flexible, and a self-starter are an important pre-requisite !
- Detailed oriented;
- Effective communication and organisational skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines;
- Quick, clear and concise drafting and reporting skills;
- IT-skills: Advanced use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel), good knowledge of Photoshop, illustrator, editing website and previous experience in managing a CRM database;
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills.