Vacancy for EU Partnership trainee in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 22.06.2020
EU Partnership TRAINEE (paid)
Full Time position based in Brussels
CIP Contract (Contrat d’immersion professionnelle)
Founded in 1950, World Vision is a global Christian relief, development, and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty, violence, disaster, and injustice. World Vision has over 37,000 staff in nearly 100 countries. We collaborate with others in pursuit of positively impacting the most vulnerable children, their families, and communities around the world.
World Vision EU Representation (WV EUREP) is one of several “global capitals” based in strategic global locations and an association of WV Offices engaged strategically with the EU. Our main goal is to see a tangible increase in political and financial investment in children by the EU. We work towards this goal and World Vision’s main priority areas through two strategic avenues: advocating for children’s rights at EU level and supporting the World Vision Partnership with expertise and knowledge on EU funding and actions.
Purpose of the Position
The role of the EU Partnership Trainee is to contribute towards sustained and increased EU financial investment in children and to facilitate World Vision’s access to EU funding through its European, national and field offices. The main focus of this role is to support the Partnership Team with research and analysis of key funding trends, as well as knowledge management on EU funding for the benefit of the World Vision Partnership.
- Support the implementation of the office strategy and team engagement for EU funding with DG DEVCO and DG NEAR.
- Support grants acquisition for DG DEVCO and DG NEAR.
- Support capacity-building efforts regarding EU donors.
- Support internal and external communication efforts within World Vision and with INGO peers.
- Support in any other activities contributing to the achievement of WV EUREP Partnership team’s strategic objectives for EU funding.
- Provide constructive inputs in the development of strategies and annual work plans for WV EUREP; assist in the development of strategic EC engagement plans for World Vision.
- Monitor and analyse funding opportunities and other relevant information at global and country levels.
- Support the EU Partnership team in consolidating and regularly updating grants databases, reports and analyses.
- Possibly assist World Vision Offices with the process of proposal development targeting the EC.
- Provide helpdesk support services on EC regulations to World Vision’s Offices.
- Support external engagement with relevant EC services at Brussels level.
- Support the elaboration of tools for internal coordination, information sharing and quality control of applications submitted to the EC.
- Support the organisation of trainings/ workshops around EC grants for different entities within the World Vision partnership in Brussels and online.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree – or equivalent experience in development, economics, politics, international relations or a field relevant to World Vision’s mission.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the European Union institutions, development policies, specifically related to children.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
- Able to communicate effectively and to collaborate with colleagues based in all regions and countries where World Vision works.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Good team spirit and willingness to work in a multicultural environment.
- Support for World Vision’s core values and Christian identity.
- Citizenship of an EU member state or a valid residence and work permit for Belgium is a must.
Would be assets, but optional
- Understanding/experience with EuropeAid grants.
- Previous experience in a related field (EU institutions, fundraising for NGOs etc.).
- Good command of French and/or Spanish.
We offer a varied paid traineeship of 6 to 12 months to start mid-August 2020, under Contrat d’immersion professionnelle(https://www.bruxellesformation.brussels) and a work environment where good team spirit, collaboration and personal development are held high.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter (no more than one page) outlining how you match the job description to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “EU Partnership Trainee” by 30 June noon (12.00 PM).
Due to limited resources, we will unfortunately not be able to reply to individual queries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.