Call for Applications: Online Internship - ASEAN Foundation’s Programme Internship 2020Internships 09.05.2020
The ASEAN Foundation seeks an intern to support the programme function of the organisation, led by the Programme Manager. This is an Online Internship opportunity.
The ASEAN Foundation seeks an intern to support the programme management function of the organisation, led by the Programme Manager in coordination with the programme staff. The Programme Management Intern provides substantive, organisational and logistical assistance to the programme staff of the ASEAN Foundation. In this process, the intern will gain knowledge of the substantive and operational aspects of the foundation’s programmes.
ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN.
Throughout 2020 for a period of 8 – 24 weeks.
The online internship is voluntary and unpaid.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
The intern would be supervised by the Programme Manager and would work closely with programme staff and s/he is expected to deliver the following tasks:
- Resource Mobilisation:
- Participate in and prepare input for preparing proposals for funding consideration including budget preparation
- Programme Management:
- Assist programme management in the organisation’s four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media and community building, for example by elaborating on work plans implementation
- Support the review of project budgets and financial reports
- Develop minutes of meeting
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the Programme Manager in developing the M&E system to include research models of the M&E
- Support the development of standardized reporting formats
- Support the programme team to regularly report on progress and implementation of activities
- Support reporting processes based on the performance of individual projects/initiatives and agreed outcomes, outputs, indicators
- Support and initiate the development of graphs to illustrate accumulated data for reports and presentations to stakeholders
- Reporting and Communication:
- Support the writing of substantive reports and written contributions for various purposes, including inputs for donor reports, speeches, e-News, web-stories, fundraising efforts and other needs.
- Support research on specific topics, when needed
- Organisational Tasks:
- Assist in other programme implementation work, including programme assistance functions, such as mailing, logistical arrangements (meeting and travel arrangements, etc) and organisational coordination (liaison with participants, etc)
- Maintain a resource database of experts, officials and institutions, ensuring the most relevant and up-to-date information, to facilitate programme related contacts and communication.
- Undertake other tasks and activities as requested
- The internship provides an opportunity for the intern to gain experience working in an ASEAN body and provide the intern with the opportunity to learn about ASEAN affairs.
- The works of the ASEAN Foundation to support the ASEAN community-building process.
- The intern can gain knowledge about the work environment and work ethics as well as skills in planning, monitoring and evaluation, management, coordination and administration skills.
- The intern is expected to support the smooth running of the organisation’s programme functions.
- The internship is voluntary and unpaid.
- Enrolment in an undergraduate/graduate degree programme of a recognized institution in a relevant programme
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Very good computer skills including knowledge and experience in all Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of social networking tools, etc., is an asset
- Demonstrate commitment to ASEAN Foundation mission, vision and values
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
For more information website