Internship programme - The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF) in Berlin, GermanyInternships 16.08.2022
Deadline:05 September, 2022
The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF) is looking for an intern who will be based in the Programmes Department at the CSF Secretariat in Berlin. The internship will begin on 19 September 2022, for a period of minimum 3 months, or up to 6 months with a grant.
CSF was established in 2011 by non-governmental organisations as a permanent common platform aiming at the development of cooperation of civil society organisations from Russia and EU and greater participation of NGOs in the EU-Russia dialogue. At the moment, 190 NGOs from Russia, the EU and the UK are members or supporters of the Forum.
The internship position is part-time (32 hours per week, 80%) and the intern will assist the activities of the Programmes Department of the CSF Secretariat. The internship must be a mandatory part of the applicant’s studies.
• Support the planning and the implementation of the following CSF programmes: Confronting Memories (historical memory & education); State of Civil Society (research); Climate Caravans (climate).
• Assistance with the communication, preparation and implementation of the CSF’s Annual Conference in Vilnius in late 2022, as well as other online and offline events.
• Research on topics related to CSF programmes.
• Support with social media and website management.
• Assistance with proofreading and translation work involving English, German and Russian, depending on proficiency level.
• Administrative work, e.g. writing minutes.
• Enrolment at an EU university for the entire duration of the internship.*
• Available 4 days a week for a minimum of 3 months; preferably based in Berlin.**
• Expertise/interest in one or more of the programme topics.
• The ability to effectively work both in a team and independently; good organisational and time management skills.
• Interest in project/event management on an international level.
• Excellent English and good Russian or German; other European languages are an asset.
• Preferable: a grant to fund your internship (Leonardo, Erasmus +, Erasmus Young Entrepreneur, etc.) or internship as part of study track.
* Non-EU applicants should have legal permit to stay in Germany throughout the whole duration of the internship.
** If the internship is a compulsory part of your studies, it can be up to 6 months; if it is a voluntary internship, the maximum duration is 3 months
• Professional experience in a growing and innovative international NGO, involving interaction with leading non-governmental actors in the EU and Russia.
• Opportunities to engage in civil society and cultural life in Berlin and Eastern Europe.
• A friendly working atmosphere and multicultural staff in a newly renovated office in Berlin-Wedding.
• Monthly compensation of €450, if no additional grant is provided by the intern.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) in one PDF of max. 5MB to Marcus Chavasse, Project Manager in the Programmes Department at the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (email@example.com) by 5 September 2022. We look forward to receiving your application!