Vacancy for EVS volunteer in Brussels
JEF Europe is looking for an EVS volunteer to start in January 2017 for a period of one year.
JEF Europe and JEF Belgium are joining forces to offer a unique opportunity to a young volunteer (18-30 years old) to work for one year for a European wide network of associations. The chosen volunteer will be in charge, with the support of JEF staff and volunteer, of implementing JEF Belgium activities and to support the development of JEF Europe members.
As a volunteer, what will you do?
- Organise local projects with JEF Belgium (debates, intervention in schools conferences, world café) and implement them throughout Belgium
- Support the development of JEF sections in 32 countries by organising trainings, writing toolkits, developing the interactions and exchange between JEF Europe’s members
- Take part in the daily life of JEF Europe and JEF Belgium
- Propose and develop your own projects
- Project and event management skills
- Intercultural, communication and teamwork competences
- Strong knowledge of the youth NGO sector
- Knowledge about the Erasmus+ programme
What are the requirements?
- Being between 18-30 years old
- Being a resident of an Erasmus+ programme or partner country neighbouring the EU
- Showing strong interest for the mission and actions of JEF Europe and for active European citizenship in general
- Accommodation, meals and local transportation covered
- Pocket money
- Travels in Belgium and Europe
- Based in JEF Europe office, at the heart of the European quarter in Brussels
- A friendly and flexible work environment, an intercultural team of young workers
Send a CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com stating your motivations and your understanding of the organisation and proposed activities before September 25th 23:59 CET. The selected candidates will be informed on Monday September 26th. Skype interviews will be conducted on Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th. Please do not forget to include your Skype name in the email. Note that this position is dependent on European funding. We will know the result of our application by the end of November.
At the application stage, candidates are expected to already have contacted a sending organisation.
Please mention “EVS 2017 - Name” in the subject line.