Vacancy for Contracts Manager in Dubai, UAE.Jobs 13.08.2017
Brief Posting Description
We are actively looking for a Contracts Manager to join our team in Dubai, UAE. This position will be responsible for overseeing the full range of contract activities. To provide direction and support for personnel involved in commercial administration and all activities associated with contracting work, from ITT preparation through post award administration to close out.
The Contracts Manager reports directly to the Project Director.
Main Responsibilities Will Be
- To manage others & performs pre-contract activities including bidder commercial qualification, administration and evaluation of tenders, negotiations and award of various contracts & intercompany arrangements, for various projects and clients
- To develop contract strategies for projects and the wider business to ensure best commercial and technical solution for WGPSN and Clients
- To oversee others and prepare and negotiate contract terms and conditions and special conditions flowed down to contracts and subcontracts
- To ensure kick off meetings take place and a communication schedule is agreed with Contracts Admin, the business, contractors and subcontractors
- To manage others in post award admin including; invoice checking, query resolution and recording and raising call off orders
- To develop, implement and oversee the management of incentive schemes and key performance indicators
- To develop annual audit plans and carry out commercial audits of contractors and subcontractors
- To oversee the preparation of cost reports internally, from contractors and subcontractors and manage costs accordingly
- To manage others and participate in the commercial administration and management of contracts including cost reporting, preparation and negotiation of claims, rate escalations and other associated issues
- To ensure compliance with contract filing procedures including insurance documentation, parent company guarantees and bank bonds
- To oversee and participate in close out of contracts and deals with claims to satisfactory conclusions
- To reviews and develops contracts processes and procedures and communicates to relevant personnel
- To liaison with various internal customers (Site Supervisors, Assignment/Project Managers, Engineers) in commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with contractors
- Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying or similar discipline
- In addition to an undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience, the individual should have extensive and varied work experience in the industry which would allow understanding of and exposure to key subcontracting or procurement concepts and principles
- Job specific skill like - Maximo – SAP – Oracle
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of using Procurement / Supply Chain Management software
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC141139 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
Visit Wood Group at www.woodgroup.com