Vacancy for Program Director in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 30.10.2017
EPF/CRRC AZERBAIJAN IS SEEKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED SPECIALIST TO FILL THE POSITION OF
Eurasia Partnership Foundation/Caucasus Research Resource Center Azerbaijan (EPF/CRRC Azerbaijan), registered as non-governmental organization in Azerbaijan, is a recognized leader in the field of grants management and program administration in Azerbaijan. Its mission is to empower people to effect change for social justice and economic prosperity through hands-on programs, helping them to improve their communities and their own lives. As a locally registered office in Azerbaijan, EPF is the legacy institution of Eurasia Foundation (EF), a privately managed non-profit established in 1992 to deliver seed capital to emerging civil society in the former Soviet countries. EPF is linked into the expertise and resources of the broader Eurasia Foundation Network – sharing programming, ideas, systems and lessons that enrich all activities in the South Caucasus.
The Caucasus Research Resource Centers (CRRC) was established in 2003 as program of the then offices of Eurasia Foundation in Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia to strengthen social science research and public policy analysis within the South Caucasus. The CRRC’s primary goal is to increase the accessibility of high-quality research resources, to strengthen research capacity, and to boost dialogue and collaboration between social science researchers and policy practitioners. Since the opening of the Centers, CRRC has become a nexus of activity for the South Caucasus’ social science community by providing open access to literature, data, and professional training for social science researchers. The centers will allow researchers to base their research on solid empirical data, participate in the growing domestic policy research community, and to pursue their interests in their individual work.
An experienced specialist is needed to fill the position of Program Director at EPF/CRRC Azerbaijan.
Reports to: President of Eurasia Partnership Foundation Azerbaijan
Supervises: CRRC Program Staff, Interns and Fellows;
Probation Period: 3 months
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and implement research, study and capacity building program activities as well as media and external communication;
- Supervise interns, research fellows and program staff;
- Design new projects and draft project proposals in liaison with Development Manager;
- Support the President of Eurasia Partnership Foundation in organizational strategy development and design;
- Support other managers in delivering high quality work in line with international standards and within the policies and procedures of the organization;
- Establish links with new external partners in Azerbaijan and abroad, and build upon existing relationships in order to establish the organization as a center of policy and best-practice for evidence based research within the region;
- Carry out effective communication with stakeholders in research and policy analysis in Azerbaijan and donor organizations;
- Represent the organization in conferences, meetings and other types of gatherings in Azerbaijan and abroad.
- Have a strong virtue of civil society and willingness to work in a dynamic and challenging environment;
- Have more than 5 years working experience in professional organizations and/or companies, with at least 3 years experience in nonprofit work;
- Hold a master's degree in political science, international relations, sociology or in other areas of the social sciences field, preferably from a university in a developed country;
- Fluent in English (in both writing and oral), Russian is desirable;
- Have substantial knowledge in working within a non-profit, including relevant international standards, donor requirements, and the skills required for project design and proposal development;
- Have a moderate knowledge level base in research design and methodologies within social science, in particular public opinion survey design;
- Have strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills;
- Have the knowledge of local NGO legislation and regulations as well as actors;
- Must be able to multi-task;
- Must be able to meet short and strictdeadlines and work under pressure;
- Be a team-player;
- Have a strong sense of commitment.
- Should be citizen of Azerbaijan or have permission to work full-time work permission in Azerbaijan.
Interested candidates are invited to send a Motivation Letter, CV (with job responsibilities) and three reference contacts (at least one should be the manager from the current or most recent job) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 06.00pm (Baku time), 10 November, 2017. Please note that candidates with the required documentation and references will be considered, and only the candidates chosen for the short-list will be contacted.