Vacancy for Policy Fellow in Social AffairsJobs 14.05.2018
SOLIDAR is looking for a policy fellow in the Social Affairs pillar who can start as soon as possible for a duration of 6 months. This fellowship programme is open to students in the final phase of their Masters and recent graduates looking for an experience in a dynamic and international working environment, a learning experience on the development of EU policies in Brussels and their impact on the national level, as well as insights into how policy advocacy in Brussels is shaped.
Within the fellowship programme related to Social Affairs, fellows will have an opportunity to analyse the impact of EU social and employment policies and EU migration policies. In particular, in the framework of the Social Progress Watch and the Social Progress Lab, fellows will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of a new vision for Social Europe.
The fellowship program is under the form of “La convention d’immersion professionnelle” registered under Belgian law. The position foresees the allowance of approximately 750 Euro per month. Preference will be given to scholarship holders (University, EU or other grants).
During the programme, fellows will be expected to make substantive contributions to:
- Monitoring of EU policy impact with SOLIDAR members and partners;
- Developing the new methodology and briefing papers and desk studies about the social situation in EU Member States in the framework of the SOLIDAR Social Rights Monitor;
- Organising visibility and advocacy activities presenting the findings of the policy monitoring process (e.g. bilateral meetings with policy makers, conferences, roundtables).
Key skills and competences:
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to write briefing papers and monitoring reports as well as news articles
- Proven familiarity with EU policies (in particular EU employment and social policies, migration policies and fundamental rights)
If you are interested in participating in the SOLIDAR policy fellowship programme, please send:
- your CV in Europass format
- a one page cover letter (subject: ‘Social Affairs Fellowship’). The cover letter should clearly state: why you think you are suited for this position, and what are your objectives/learning outcomes expected from this experience
to Eva-Maria Schneider at email@example.com by Monday 4 June 2018
Please note that due to the high amount of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.