Vacancy for Lecturer at OSCE Academy in Bishkek, KyrgyzstanJobs 15.05.2018
(For citizens of Central Asian countries only)
Lecturer / Full-Time Position
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan invites applications from highly qualified scholars from the Central Asian region for its newly created full-time Lecturer position.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, created in 2002 between the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes principles and values of the OSCE through post-graduate education, professional trainings and intellectual exchange. It’s highly demanding MA Programmes in the fields of “Economic Governance and Development” and “Politics and Security (Central Asia)” annually enroll up to 60 young professionals from Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Mongolia on a competitive basis.
The Lecturer will be supporting one of the MA Programmes all year round by teaching, conducting research, and performing other programmatic tasks. The Lecturer position will be granted for one year starting on 1 August 2018, with a possibility for continuation after mutual approval. The Lecturer position will be based in Bishkek.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Lecturer are:
• Teaching minimum of 18-20 credits per academic year. Applicants should be ready to teach in one or two of the following fields: International Relations, Politics and Security, Economics, Development, Research Methods;
• Teaching summer school or preparatory courses and organizing, moderating and chairing other academic events;
• Supervising minimum of two MA Theses per academic year;
• Participating in Thesis Colloquia, Thesis Defense and State Examinations as well as in faculty and student selection processes;
• Developing research together with students of the OSCE Academy and publishing results in one of the OSCE Academy’s series;
• Seek and establish partnerships with universities abroad to facilitate student and faculty exchange;
• Implementing other programme related activities according to the schedule set in the academic calendar.
Candidates for this position should meet the following requirements:
• Сitizenship of any of the five Central Asian republics (Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan);
• PhD degree in Economics, Development Studies / Political Science, International Relations / or a related field;
• Record of teaching excellence and service of 1-3 years;
• Record of peer-reviewed publications;
• Excellent knowledge of English and Russian;
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Availability to travel to Central Asian countries.
The OSCE Academy will provide/cover:
• Economy class roundtrip airfare from the city of current residence to Bishkek;
• Visa and work permit support;
• Competitive honorarium in the amount of 1,800 EUR per month (gross);
• Office space and a computer, as well as access to all of the OSCE Academy’s facilities.
NOTE: The Academy will not cover health insurance and expenses of family members.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to email@example.com by 31 May 2018, 18.00 pm Bishkek time:
- A cover letter;
- A CV with two references;
- Results of past student evaluations (if available).
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to develop a syllabus for one of the Academy’s courses.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is an equal-opportunity institution. It operates on the principle of non-discrimination. All recruitment decisions are taken on the basis of best qualification of the candidates, with consideration of regional and gender balance.