Vacancy for Visiting Lecturer at the OSCE Academy in Bishkek, KyrgyzstanJobs 01.11.2018
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, created in 2002 between the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes principles and values of the OSCE through post-graduate education, professional trainings and intellectual exchange. Its highly demanding MA Programmes in the fields of “Economic Governance and Development” and “Politics and Security (Central Asia)” annually enrol up to 60 young professionals from Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Mongolia on a competitive basis.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is looking for Visiting Lecturers for the following courses:
Winter semester: January–April, 2019
Economic Governance and Development Programme
• Economic Law, 4 credits, two 90-minutes sessions per week, 15 weeks;
• Economic Governance and Regulation, 4 credits, two 90-minutes sessions per week, 15 weeks;
• German Language, 3 credits, two 90-minutes sessions per week, 11 weeks.
• Industrial Policy, 2 credits, short-term (1-2 weeks);
• Economics and Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources, 2 credits, short-term (1-2 weeks);
Politics and Security (Central Asia) Programme
• International Political Economy, 4 credits, two 90-minutes sessions per week, 15 weeks;
• Contemporary Security Issues, 4 credits, two 90-minutes sessions per week, 15 weeks;
• Quantitative Methods in IR, 3 credits, two 90-minutes sessions per week, 11 weeks;
• German for political scientists, 3 credits, two 90-minutes sessions per week, 11 weeks;
• Thesis Seminar, 3 credits, two 90-minutes sessions per week, 11 weeks.
• Political Islam, 2 credits, short-term (1-week);
• Conflict Prevention, 2 credits, short-term (1-week);
The aim of the courses is to provide a graduate level survey of these fields introducing students to main theories and methodological approaches as well as the most relevant topics in the academic debate. The courses are expected to be taught on advanced level involving lectures, seminars, research assignments, and individual student mentoring. The specific course topics as well as the course design should be discussed with the management of the MA programmes.
Candidates for this position should meet the following requirements:
• PhD degree in Economics / Law / Political Science / International Relations / Linguistics (German for Foreigners) / or a related field;
• Record of teaching excellence and service;
• Record of peer-reviewed publications;
• Excellent knowledge of English;
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
The OSCE Academy will provide/cover:
• Competitive international honorarium based on the qualification of the candidate;
• Office space and a computer, as well as access to all of the OSCE Academy’s facilities.
NOTE: The Academy will not cover transport, accommodation, health insurance and expenses of family members. The Academy, however, assists with all issues related to travelling to Bishkek and finding housing in the city.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to
email@example.com by 25 November 2018, 6.00 pm Bishkek time:
- A cover letter, indicating the preferred course(s);
- A CV with two references;
- Results of past student evaluations (if available);
- A draft syllabus.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is an equal-opportunity institution. It operates on the principle of non-discrimination. All recruitment decisions are taken on the basis of best qualification of the candidates, with consideration of regional and gender balance.