Vacancy for Vocational Education Expert in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 20.08.2019
Vocational Education Expert
Help us develop tourism education and training in Azerbaijan!
Azerbaijan Tourism Board (ATB) is Azerbaijan’s national tourism organization. Our core tasks include the management of the "Holiday in Azerbaijan" brand, innovative marketing in the most internationally promising markets and the transfer of our knowledge of guests and markets to the domestic tourism industry. In this way we make an important contribution to the competitiveness of the holiday destination Azerbaijan.
The State Tourism Agency (STA) is responsible for implementing policy and regulations in the field of tourism and is supporting regional development through conducting tourism research, developing and implementing regional tourism regulations, plans and projects as well as through institutional strengthening.
The overall purpose of recruitment of Vocational Education Expert is to help STA/ATB to develop vocational tourism education in Azerbaijan. He/she is also required to support in the renovation of curriculums, conduct consultations with different public, semi-public and private sector stakeholders for coordinating current and prospect educational institutions under STA.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Draft project concepts, develop documents for project scope related to educational processes;
- Conduct research on various topics related to vocational education in Azerbaijan;
- Organize and control the tender processes;
- Work closely with the public and private sector at local, regional and national levels in this field;
- Develop partnerships with external organisations on institutional development;
- Attend local and regional level public sector meetings representing the interests of STA/ATB and the tourism sector in general;
- Work with local stakeholders and service providers for developing curriculums;
- Lead the management processes of existing and prospect vocational educational institutions under STA;
- Produce regular progress reports to STA/ATB.
Requirements Education and/or Experience:
- Post graduate degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management / Education Management / Social Sciences;
- At least 3 years’ experience in education sector;
- Proven experience working in a team;
- Awareness / understanding of the vocational education legislation and principles;
- Experience in project management;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in Azerbaijani and English;
- Computer literate;
- Not essential, but considered favorably is:
o Experience in public / government office
o Experience in multicultural environment / international projects
How to apply
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to email@example.com until 16 September 2019. Please indicate the name of the position (Vocational Education Expert) you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.