Vacancy for Physics Laboratory Assistant in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 26.12.2019
UFAZ was initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan. Since September 2016, directed by the University of Strasbourg and by the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University, in close partnership with the Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan, UFAZ undertakes the delocalization of 4 specialties at bachelor level in the fields of science and engineering. Students are delivered a French and an Azerbaijani diploma.
Physics Laboratory Assistant
- Maintain laboratory equipment and tools in clean, safe and good conditions and preparing chemical solutions.
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced
- Follow and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Assemble and prepare necessary laboratory materials before scheduled laboratory.
- Assist the laboratory instructor during the (entire) laboratory period.
- Put away laboratory materials after completion of laboratory.
- Assist in ordering yearly materials
- Maintain a current and running inventory of all materials
- Assist in training of new laboratory assistants
- Be able to use the appropriate source for developing
- Methods for disposal of all types of chemicals.
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records
- Master’s degree as a minimum level of education with a high average grade and/or with distinctions in physics.
- Excellent level in English: applicants must be able to teach in English in their topic (physics)
- Applicants must have at least 1-year laboratory experience.
- Laboratory experience abroad in the field of academic research or physics industry is an advantage.
- Additional assets in the CV:
- education experience abroad (full curriculum, mobility, or training)
- familiarity with textbooks written in English
- knowledge of modern educational methods (information and communication technologies for education)
- knowledge of French language
- postdoc abroad
Please send your CV with the title “Physics Laboratory Assistant” and motivational letter to email@example.com until January 10, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.