Vacancy for Academic Advisor, School IT and Engineering in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 08.02.2019
SCHOOL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND ENGINEERING
The Academic Advisor is responsible for providing academic advising to undergraduate and/or graduate students concerning their growth and development by constructing meaningful educational plans, which are compatible with their life (academic) goals. Services include guidance to students individually and/or within groups to ensure students understand their academic requirements to be able to stay on track until graduation in their program.
The Academic Adviser position at ADA University is a good starting point for a career in education management. It comes with a very competitive benefit package.
It is vital, as an Academic Advisor, to work closely with faculty and staff to build support systems for students. The Academic Advisor is an integral member of the Academic Advising Team and reports to Dean’s office.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advising students in academic goal-setting and achievement by identifying the most effective and efficient path to program completion
- Interpreting and explaining University policies and procedures
- Providing information related to academic programs, leaves of absences, academic probation, transfer options, and services related to special needs, etc.
- Assisting students with appropriate course selection and specializations/majors/second track in terms of students stated academic preferences
- Advising students on registration, and add/drop, and withdrawal procedures
- Serve as the students' primary academic advisor throughout the transfer evaluation, course selection, and registration process
- Maintaining contact with students throughout the term and provide support while addressing student concerns
- Responding promptly and accurately to student inquiries in a timely manner
- Developing plans for students on academic probation and work with them to identify problems and solutions to help them accomplish their plans of study
- Providing follow-up services to students experiencing academic difficulties such as students on academic probation
- Developing strategic plans for advising based on student data and delivery outcomes
- Maintaining detailed and up to date student records and data accurately and in a timely manner
- Assisting and participating in the formation and implementation of organizational goals and objectives
- Partnering with campus departments and off-campus agencies when necessary to ensure students can access enrichment opportunities (internships, study abroad, capstone)
- Work collaboratively as a leading team member within the Student Advising team in general
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Relevant qualifications (preferably a Master’s degree) and/or equivalent level of knowledge gained through education, training and/or experience (preferably in a relevant discipline).
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse workforce and student population
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Fluency in English and Azerbaijani.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to participate as a team member, ability to understand and interpret rules and regulations, and ability to adjust to change
- Ability to present materials effectively to individual students or groups
- Ability to maintain records, prepare reports, and conduct correspondence related to the work.
- Experience in IT industry or training programs is a plus.