Vacancy for Linux Administrator in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 08.02.2019
OJSC International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA) is seeking Linux Administrator for its Information Security division.
IBA is one of Azerbaijan’s leading corporate banks. Established in 1992, Bank provides various banking products and services for retail and corporate customers in the Republic of Azerbaijan. It offers private and corporate customer current accounts, savings accounts, deposits, investment savings products, custody, credit and debit cards, consumer loans and mortgages, direct debit facilities, overdrafts, loan and other credit facilities, and foreign currency and derivative products. The bank enjoys a unique position in the history of its nation: the institution has played a key role in bringing the country of Azerbaijan, a “new” country with an ancient heritage and culture, into the 21st century’s global economy.
- Interact with vendors and security as it relates to vulnerabilities and impacting (or risks) defects
- Perform in-depth analysis on patch requirements, and develop action plans for execution of patching updates that will remediate vulnerabilities as expected
- Build & execute and support the rollout of all patch/install strategy on Linux systems
- Provision and configure servers with mandated infrastructure components while following industry best practices
- Ensure ongoing operating system compliance with security protocols and regulatory standards
- Support ancillary systems utilized by infrastructure teams
- Resolve server and operating system infrastructure incidents
- Provide Tier 3 diagnostics/troubleshooting for infrastructure incidents and problems
- Provide Tier 3 assistance to Tier 1 and Tier 2 server teams
- Proactively monitor infrastructure health and capacity
- Provide audit and compliance data as required
- Document change execution procedures as required by the change Management process and tool
- Install, configure and maintain physical and cloud servers running Linux
- Deliver repeatable, reliable systems using Chef
- Document operations and provide run books
- Participate in and provide feedback on systems engineering and design
- Troubleshoot infrastructure
- Perform system tuning activities
Key Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience providing technical support to Enterprise operations with 5 years of experience supporting physical and virtual Linux-based enterprise servers.
- 1+ years of experience supporting LAMP webservers in an enterprise environment.
- Previous experience supporting and troubleshooting virtual servers, OS, and hosted application.
- Ability to analyze Linux logs. Experience with Linux monitoring tools and practices.
- Working knowledge of Bash script or Python for tasks automation.
- Ability to drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving.
- Working knowledge in Linux hardening principles, tools and standards (firewalls, SSH, SELinux, SCAP, CIS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of networks and network troubleshooting tools.
- Understanding of basic security principles (CIA, separation of duties, least privilege etc.)
- Experience with Incident, Request and Change management principles is a plus.
- Possession of RHCE, RHCSA, Linux+, Linux OCA, OCP, LPI certifications is a plus.
If you meet the requirements please e-mail your detailed CV to email@example.com until February 28, 2019, Please indicate the name of the position (Linux Administrator) you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Otherwise, the candidacy will not be considered in the review process of the applications collected.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.