Vacancy for Project Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 09.05.2019
Reporting to: EuroRAP Secretary General.
Entity: EuroRAP AISBL
Location: Brussels Belgium (other locations may be considered for exceptional candidates)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Employees reporting to role: None
Employment details: Part-time (2 days per week). Initial contract period to 31st March 2021 with the possibility of extension thereafter.
Purpose of Job: To assist with the effective and efficient management of projects through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, monitoring and reporting of project activities.
About the project
This position is being established to support the EC SLAIN project, a EUR 1.9m project over two years. The project involves eight project partners across several European countries and covers eight activities to support and encourage the proposed changes to the Directive 2008/96/EC.
About the role
Reporting directly to the EuroRAP Secretary General, the Project Officer will be responsible for the administration of the project through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, monitoring and reporting of project activities and will be the key person providing accurate and timely administration management information to the EuroRAP project team. This is an extremely important and key role within our organisation that significantly contribute to the project overall success. The person will work alongside our SLAIN project team of technical and financial experts. The successful candidate will support full compliance of project activities with the EC INEA and financial, procurement and administrative rules and regulations in Belgium. This post requires someone who can assume a high degree of responsibility and is confident working independently. The person must be highly organised and have and a high level of precision in all project administration processes.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
The role of the EuroRAP Project Officer is provided below. Prioritisation of key responsibilities and accountabilities occurs on an annual basis through our staff performance review process.
The person will be responsible for the following:
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work plans.
- Support preparation of the technical and financial project progress reports as required by EC INEA.
- Assist with the preparation of project-related contracts.
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the project activities.
- Prepare presentations for Project team and other project related meetings.
- Draft minutes of Project team and other project related meetings.
- Gather and collate financial and progress documents and information for progress and financial reporting of the project to EC INEA.
- Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files and records.
- Assist in arranging external and internal meetings.
- Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or other payments.
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budget and its revisions.
- Ensure the eligibility of all expenses in accordance with the EC rules and regulations and/or the terms and conditions of the contract governing the project activities.
- Prepare and submit expenditures and project budget status reports.
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit.
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of services and supplies.
- Ensure that contractual processes fully comply with the EC and Belgian legislation for services procurements.
- Assist in preparing and advertise announcements on the Requests for Tendering within the relevant sources of information.
- Assist in the evaluation of tenders’ offers.
- Prepare procurement contracts.
Key Result Areas
Ensure all eligible expenditure is claimed on time and in full for the SLAIN project and other grant projects undertaken by EuroRAP.
Key contacts and relationships
Internal: EuroRAP Board Members, EuroRAP Secretary General, EuroRAP staff and Management Committee; Central Finance team.
External:SLAIN project partners; the International Road Assessment Programme (iRAP) partners and other regional and national RAPs; the FIA; the FIA Foundation; Directorates and regional offices of the European Commission; Development Banks partners and co-sponsors.
Knowledge & qualifications/experience required
- University Degree in economics, business administration, finance, accounting, European Affairs or another related field.
- At least two (2) years working experience in EU funded projects administration and reporting.
- Good level of awareness of Belgian and EC legislation.
- Good knowledge of European and International Institutions’ grants and funding rules.
- A high level of IT competence and fluency with the MS Office suite, particularly in creating and updating Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent Business proficiency in written and spoken English and French. The successful candidate must be fluent in both the English and French languages.
- Experience working in a non-profit entity
- Fluency in additional language e.g. Spanish, German
- Knowledge in EC Transport-related policies
Competencies & Key Skills (functional/technical)
- Ability to multi-task and work to meet tight deadlines.
- Very good organisational skills.
- Focus on results.
- Sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and pro-active. with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to work flexibly within a truly international business.
- Able to problem -solve and to problem-solve effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision.
- Able to conduct meetings confidently online e.g. Skype.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 25 May 2019 12:00 CET and only email applications can be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Interviews will be held by the end of May 2019/early June 2019.