Vacancy for GIS technician-Statistician in BarcelonaJobs 05.04.2020
Deadline: 15 April 2020 at 15:00 CET
Venue: Barcelona - Campus Mar
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
What We Are Looking for
We are looking for a GIS technician to join our young, dynamic teams in child-health and environmental research. The technician will be involved in an Europan project (Early Environmental quality and life-course mental health effects ’ — ‘Equal-Life’ Project). This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Grant Agreement number 874724. This project is focused on the development of combined environmental exposure data (i.e. the exposome) and the evaluation of their impact on children’s mental health and development. A combination of birth-cohort data from several European populations with new sources of data, will provide insight into aspects of physical and social exposures yet to be untapped. It will do this at different scale levels and timeframes, while accounting for the distribution of exposures in social groups based on gender, ethnicity, social vulnerability.
Job duties and tasks
- Transfer and manage data from the studies.
- Carry out cleaning, quality control, and documentation of databases used.
- GIS and Remote Sensing data collection, integration and processing, using GIS Desktop software (ArcGIS, QGIS) as well as Spatial Databases (PostGIS, Spatialite)
- Development of new environmental indicators combining standard and new methods.
- Development of efficient Python-based workflows to process spatial data.
- Develop methods for measurement error in environmental modelling predictions.
- Conduct appropriate statistical analyses of complex large datasets.
- Provide input on the interpretation of the results.
- Prepare tables for use in publications and reports.
- Provide input on development of methods sections of publications and reports.
- Provide statistical support to the researchers of the group.
- Maintain close contacts with the national and international research teams.
- Dedication: Part time.
- Starting date: May 1st, 2020.
- Duration: 8 months (renewable)