Vacancy for Communications Assistant in DominicaJobs 07.04.2020
Deadline: 14 April 2020
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and direct supervision by Project Manager, the Communications Assistant will be responsible for the formulation and implementation of communications strategies to promote the organisation and raise awareness of migration issues locally, regionally and internationally.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
In particular, s/he will:
- Participate in the development and implementation of a public information strategy for IOM Dominica to prominently position the organisation as a lead humanitarian agency with donors, partners, media agencies and the Dominican public.
- In close coordination with all departments, write, edit and produce timely public information material for IOM monthly press briefing noted, global and country website, social media, newsletters and other media channels.
- Support the development and dissemination of appropriate communications and media resources for crisis-affected communities in the specific country context.
- Produce content in the form of human-interest stories from the field, photographs and video clips for local and international audience.
- Provide internally coordinated guidance and talking points to colleagues in the office regarding on-going media request and interview opportunities, when necessary.
- Liase with media counterparts in governmental and non-governmental partner agencies. Participates in the national UN Communications Groups and relevant interagency media and communication working groups to encourage information flow across agencies and develop complementary media strategies.
- Monitor Social Media online and document relevant questions, conversations and trends
- Follow local media, including radio, TV and print to identify information, perceptions and misinformation among the media and their audiences.
- Produce regular feedback-reports for humanitarian partners to improve their understanding of the concerns and questions living among displaced individuals
- Set up Monitoring and Evaluation activities to assess impact, reach and quality of the on-going project
- Collaborate with Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant for donor reporting
- Serve as Crisis Response and Camp Coordination/Management Focal Point
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Communication or journalism, with at least five years of relevant professional experience
- Or, high school degree in the above fields with at least seven years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in an international organization is desirable.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment while initiating creative fresh ways to encourage two-way communication.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of Community Engagement tactic for maximum exposure of the organizations’ mandate throughout Dominica
- Highly skilled in writing and editing
- Ability to work in fast paced environment while initiating creative fresh ways to encourage two way communication.
(specify the required knowledge)
Fluency in English (oral and written).
Working Spanish and French
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies –
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies –
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.