Vacancy for: Adventure Camp CounselorJobs 26.02.2020
Salary: $11.00 Hourly
Oversees and conducts activities and planned programs for the Flower Mound Adventure Camp.
Examples of Duties
- Assists in the programs and activities for each day of summer camp.
- Assists in coordination of arts, crafts, games, swimming, drama, gym games, etc.
- Prepares for field trips, special events, and special projects.
- Supervises all camp children and volunteers.
- Receives payments for day camp fees.
- Informs Supervisor of all work activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification is preferred.
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
***MUST DRIVE A 15 PASSENGER VAN.***
• An Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent majoring in Education, Physical Education, or Recreation is preferred.
• Experience in summer camp, day care, church camp, public recreation, and/or outdoor activities is required.
- Must be able to work:
- Camp Dates: May 26 - August 7
- Monday - Friday
- 40 hour work week.
- Must submit to and pass a post-offer, non-regulated drug test and thorough background checks (including criminal history).
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Must have a general working knowledge of sports activities (softball, basketball, volleyball, soccer, tennis), arts and crafts, environmental sciences, cultural arts, etc.
- Must have skills in organizing, supervising, and disciplining children, and creating a positive camp environment.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with children 6-12 years of age, teenage, and adult volunteers.
- Must be able to make good, quick, and sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Must maintain a pleasant and friendly personality at all times.
- Must be able to see, hear, read, speak, and write.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor setting exposed to heat, dust, wind, insects, noxious plants, and snakes; lift loaded ice chests and items weighing up to 50 lbs.; stoop, walk, bend, run, throw, climb, and swim; and participate in various sports and recreational activities.
For more information and application: WEBSITE