Vacancy for: Chief Distribution OperatorJobs 27.02.2020
- A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
- Must possess a valid Texas CDL "A" Driver's License, without restriction "L" and with proper endorsements. Your driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
- Must possess a Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Class "B" Water Distribution Operator Certificate.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in water distribution and maintenance, and system operation is required.
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory or leading a work crew experience is required.
Must submit to and pass a post-offer, non-regulated drug test and thorough background checks (including criminal history).
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Must have thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of water system operation and water system hydraulics.
- Must have good knowledge and skill needed for the proper use of equipment, and materials used in maintenance, repair, and construction of a water distribution system.
- Must have good knowledge of the state and federal health codes governing the public water system design and operation.
- Must have good knowledge of and ability to use personal computers including spreadsheets and Word processing software applications.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints, maps, manuals, and regulations.
- Must be able to follow oral and written directives.
- Must be available to work after hours, and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Must be able to talk, read, see, hear, and walk.
- Must have good hand/foot/eye coordination to operate equipment.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activities to include, exerting up to 100 lbs. of pressure; lifting heavy objects; shoveling for long periods of time; bending; walking; kneeling; climbing on and off equipment; and operating vibrating equipment.
- Must be able to work indoors; underground; outdoors; in confined spaces; in trenches; and on level, slippery, sloping, unstable, and muddy terrain; under constantly noisy conditions; and work in adverse environmental conditions to include inclement weather, hazardous conditions including mechanical, dust/mist, poor illumination, and chemical hazards.
For more information and application: WEBSITE