Vacancy for Support Analyst ( UK, Poland or Azerbaijan)Jobs 03.07.2020
A UK company are looking for a Support Analyst.
Work Location: UK, Poland or Azerbaijan
Reports to: Support Team Leader
Duties and Responsibilities:
An enthusiastic and experienced individual is required, able to troubleshoot a broad spectrum of technical issues in situ and to develop robust best-fit solutions to a wide range of support challenges. Applicant must be self-reliant and self-motivated.
- liaise directly with senior stakeholders to provide a high productivity and high quality service to meet the needs of demanding end users. You will talk to users on a daily basis and will need to have excellent technical understanding in order to provide the best, most effective solutions.
- own and manage incidents by liaising with the development teams, tracking failures, organizing meetings where necessary and following up, post incident.
- identify and build tools and scripts in order to enable smoother day to day running of the business, enhancing and advancing technical output for the business.
Specific duties and expertise as follows:
- Operation of IT Service Delivery and Service Desk systems e.g. SLAs, Allocation of tickets, performance monitoring.
- Provide Microsoft Windows Server operating system support:
- Monitor server performance and availability.
- Ensure Windows server availability compliance to Service Level Agreements.
- Address operational systems issues including file and share permissions, user accounts and installing applications.
- Apply operating system updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Maintain Anti-virus applications and updates.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software issues.
- Support to server deployments.
- Level 1/2 support of:
- VMWare Hypervisor and ESXi systems.
- Linux server maintenance
- Database Management Systems (MS SQL Server)
- Citrix, FTP, WSUS, Anti virus repository servers
- Java Web Applications/Tomcat/Apache
- Operation of IT Service Delivery and Service Desk systems eg SLAs, allocation of tickets, performance monitoring.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Participate in new system deployment/upgrade projects
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- IT Systems Administration
- Network communication layer models (OSI and TCP/IP)
- Private/Public Cloud technologies
- Virtualization Technologies and Hypervisors (VMware or similar)
- Linux basics and System Administration
- Windows Server Support and Administration
- Backups administration
- English – Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- University degree/Diploma in IT Systems/engineering or related subject
- Microsoft certification
- Networking Switch and Firewall configuration
- VPN and SSH configuration
- Continuous Integration tools:
- Application Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Java EE/Tomcat/Apache
- Scripting (Python, VBA etc)
- Atlassian Tools: Confluence and JIRA
How to apply for this position:
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying to (Support Analyst Azerbaijan) in the Subject field of the email.