Vacancy for: Hendrix Genetics in NetherlandsJobs 02.03.2020
Deadline: 10 March 2020
We are looking for a Geneticist, a highly motivated team player, who will work in Boxmeer (The Netherlands) within our central R&D team. The geneticist will be part of the Global Geneticist team of Hendrix Genetics and play an integral part in improving our genomic evaluations. The geneticist will play a role in genotype processing , quality control, the way genotypes are used in genomic evaluations and monitoring of genetic progress. We are looking for a person who combines an eye for detail with a creative mindset and who is able to further improve the processing of our genotypes.
- Developing and running the pipeline for processing of SNP genotypes for our breeding programs in layers, turkeys, swine and aquaculture.
- Performing quality control and helping to further improve the quality of our genotyping pipeline.
- Contributing to further development of our genomic evaluations.
- Contributing to research activities of the global R&D team which are aimed at improving our breeding schemes.
- Master or PhD degree in Animal Breeding or Animal Science (PhD preferred, focus on genetics).
- Proven understanding of quantitative genetics and basic knowledge of data analysis.
- Good understanding of genomics and experience in working with large scale genotype data is an advantage.
- Programming skills in R.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking, result oriented.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work with people at all levels.