Vacancy for Editor-in-Chief at The Health Care ManagerJobs 31.03.2020
Deadline: 1 June 2020
Wolters Kluwer is seeking an Editor-in-Chief for The Health Care Manager. With a distinguished 40-year history of continuous publication, The Health Care Manager (HCM) is an essential peer-reviewed journal providing research and information on health care services. The Journal is included in many important bibliographic databases like PubMed, MEDLINE, Scopus, and Web of Science.
We are seeking an Editor-in-Chief to partner with us to update HCM’s aims & scope and devise a new editorial strategy for the Journal. In this exciting role, the Editor-in-Chief provides the vision, energy, and leadership to produce a quarterly Journal which provides impactful research and communication about health care through print and electronic media to multiple audiences including research investigators/academics, health care executives and managers, clinicians, and policy-makers.
The Editor-in-Chief selects and develops journal content, including original research articles, systematic reviews, methods, editorials, and occasional special issues or supplements. The Editor-in-Chief manages the manuscript acquisition and peer review process, and directs the activities of the editorial board and peer reviewers. They plan and implement quality improvement initiatives to ensure optimal Editorial Office procedures and standards for scientific publishing, including adherence to publication ethics.
• Develops the editorial program for HCM; solicits original and review articles on key topics as necessary
• Oversees the peer-review process; works with reviewers and authors to ensure each manuscript worthy of consideration is reviewed in a timely fashion and, if selected for publication is revised until ready for publication
• Writes editorials and solicits guest editorials or commentaries
• Appoints an Editorial Board; oversees the peer reviewer database, directs their activities
• Submits complete editorial materials, through Editorial Manager, to the Publisher according to established deadlines
• Reviews page proofs for each issue and transmits corrections to the publishing office
• Possess a research-focused doctorate in the health sciences, public health, or health policy
• Applicants must have a broad range of research productivity and a record of successful publication
• Solid editorial and peer review experience in health care research, scholarship or practice
• Publishing experience as an author; research reviewing and/or editorial board member experience is necessary
• Computer literacy is required
• Experience with online manuscript submission websites is a plus; must have willingness to learn Editorial Manager system
• Visibility, a strong network of contacts nationally and internationally, as well as an appreciation of the growing importance of health care audiences globally
• Established relationships with researchers and academics, health care leaders, professional associations/societies, and institutions
• The ideal Editor-in-Chief will be a highly organized, motivated individual with the skills and talent to develop a timely, exciting publication fostering excellence in health care services research
• This is an independent-contractor position (with a flexible compensation package)
Review of applications will begin on June 1st, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
The term of the Editor-in-Chief will begin January 1st, 2021.
Please send the below materials to Jordan Schilling, Publisher, at Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A letter of interest;
2. Curriculum vitae;
3. An editorial statement of 500 words or less summarizing your views on:
• Health care quality research, practice, and scholarship
• How, under your editorial leadership, The Health Care Manager would continue to advance understanding of all aspects of health care delivery; health systems and patient safety; and the discipline of health care services research.