Vacancy for Director, Social Impact Institute (several locations available in US)Jobs 03.04.2021
- The Director, Social Impact Institute serves a key role in driving the societal change strategy and agenda for Thomson Reuters, a multi-billion-dollar global business information company dedicated to driving access to justice and transparency.
- The Director will be a key contributor to the activation of the purpose of the Company through employee experience, community, and customer engagement in partnership with colleagues in brand, communications, and marketing.
- The Director will build and operationalize philanthropic endeavors, global employee volunteerism and sustainability, including the Company’s efforts to reduce its impact in line with science-based goals.
- The Director will lead cross-functional and cross-business unit teams to develop strategic initiatives and implement programs, actions, and tactics. They are responsible for overseeing the growth and professional development of team members.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Identify and implement joint initiatives to enhance Thomson Reuters’ brand and reputation in the community and increase employee engagement
- Participate in multiple cross functional and BU teams in identifying, developing and implementing strategic initiatives
- Act as a strategic partner for D&I and communications teams
- Participate in functional management tasks including training, development, recruitment, and/or community building within the function
- Build and maintain key strategic external partnerships within the global corporate responsibility community
- Direct multiple key strategic projects and initiatives simultaneously including providing project management and strategic direction
- Routinely interact with senior executive leadership
- Maintain industry contacts and wide networking among professionals
- Work with team to create and implement community programs aligned to the Social Impact strategy and that resonate across the markets that we serve
- Guide global gift matching program/policies and oversee full lifecycle of charitable contribution processing (vetting, documentation, approvals, payments, reporting)
- Help create innovative programs to drive employee engagement around employee volunteering and giving
- Partner in development of TR-wide strategy on sustainability, establishing data-driven ESG goals, milestones, and metrics
Qualifications, Knowledge And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum of 8 years’ experience, with proven high-performance in complex planning and impact efforts
- Global experience in purpose and impact work at the intersection of private sector, non-profit and government agendas
- Strong track record and ability to direct the prioritization of multiple disciplinary change programs in support of the social impact and corporate responsibility agenda
- Skilled in impact assessment methodologies and latest developments in the impact measurement field as it relates to social investment
- Experience in developing and implementing a company-wide plan for collecting, storing, validating, and distributing ESG data and content for reporting preferred
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work in partnership with multiple stakeholders across the business, influencing directly and indirectly
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships with senior business leaders
- Must have excellent executive level oral and written, presentation/communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; excellent influencing and inter-personal skills coupled with the ambition and resilience
- Thrives in fast paced, high growth, matrixed, dynamic, multi-cultural commercial business and able to navigate complex organizations and deliver results with limited resources
- Strong, credible manager and coach, seen as a talent magnet and developer
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work in partnership with broader TR community
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely at executive and senior management level
- Strong business acumen; understands key financial drivers related to growth and revenue goals
- Confident, resilient and a self-starter
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Washington-District of Columbia-United States of America