Vacancy for Finance Assistant in Tbilisi, GeorgiaJobs 03.04.2021
DRC (Danish Refugee Council), founded in Denmark in 1956, is Denmark’s largest and the world’s leading non-profit, independent, rights-based refugee organization.
Our vision is to assist refugees, internally displaced people, and their host communities to a dignified life. We protect lives and human rights and empower beneficiaries throughout conflict displacement by providing shelter, food, and hope in terms of work, education, and integration towards a sustainable future.
Since 1998, programmes in the South Caucasus are designed through a “protection lens”, ensuring that all activities integrate protection principles. As such, we will continue to work on expanding our knowledge and ensure durable solutions are provided to IDPs, returnees and host communities, and as well as make IDPs, returnees, host communities and persons in a refugee-like situation aware of and actively claim their rights, through legal assistance and awareness raising.
The main DRC donors in the South Caucasus in 2021 are the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the German Development Bank KfW, the European Union, UNDP, UNHCR and GiZ (Gesellschaft für Zusammenarbeit). Further fundraising efforts have been undertaken with other donor organizations, which could potentially affect organizational priorities, the scope of work and tasks related to this position. The operations span across the whole of Georgia with over 45 employees in 4 offices, including two field offices in Abkhazia.
Position: Finance Assistant (National Contract)
About the job:
Under the supervision of Support Services Manager Finance Assistant will fulfil daily accounting tasks and ensure proper filing of financial documentation. Check and validate partner reports against relevant expense recognition criteria. Assist in timely submission of requested documents/calculations for project audits.
Transfers and payments
• Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC Guidelines
• Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law
• Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
• Ensure all expenses are entered in DRC Dynamics on time and are of a highest quality
• Ensure all tax and other relevant statutory charges are correctly calculated and registered in Dynamics
• Ensure all bank and cash account statements are reconciled in accordance with DRC internal timeline
• Ensure all intercompany accounts, deposits, cash advances and expense reports are cleared/settled on a monthly basis
• Ensure proper filing of financial documents
• Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in the area of responsibility
Audit & Partner Reporting
• Ensure all supporting documents are submitted to the relevant focal point during project audits in a timely manner
• Ensure all partner reports are accurate and once approved, are uploaded into the system within the required deadlines
• Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate should have:
• University degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in finance/accounting field
• Intermediate proficiency in Excel
• Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills to meet deadlines
• Advanced proficiency in English language
• Full professional fluency in Georgian language
• Experience of working in ERP systems would be an advantage
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
Contract length: 7 months with possible extension subject to funding
Salary and conditions in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff. This position is placed at salary scale Band I
Duty station: Tbilisi, Georgia
Availability: 15th May 2021
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English no later than April 14th, 2021 24:00.
We only accept online applications at https://drc.ngo under Vacancies >Current Vacancies. Click on the vacancy then on ‘Apply for position’ at the bottom of the window. Please indicate at least two references with contact information.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Apply Here -> https://candidate.hr-manager.net/
Danish Refugee Council Georgia 🇬🇪 is looking for Finance Assistant based in Tbilisi.— Edu-active.com (@EduActiveCom) April 3, 2021
🗓️Clothing date for applications: April 14, 2021.
👉More details here >> https://t.co/8cqUiV7hFX pic.twitter.com/z8hTOKAp5q