Vacancy for USAID Azerbaijan SES-Capacity Development SpecialistJobs 25.04.2021
- Location: Azerbaijan
- Job Type: Full-time (contingent on funding)
Eurasia Foundation is a U.S.-based non-profit, nonpartisan organization committed to helping citizens in countries in transition realize their full potential and transform their societies. EF supports governments and citizens to enhance responsive, accountable and transparent governance, and helps citizens build a stronger, more resilient civil society. EF is committed to supporting meaningful and lasting change at the community, regional and national levels. Its work is based on the principles of inclusiveness, collaboration, and locally sourced solutions.
EF is seeking applications for a Capacity Development Specialist (CDS) for the upcoming USAID-funded Social Engagement Support (SES) Activity in Azerbaijan. The overall goal of the SES Activity is to strengthen local partnerships to enhance citizen participation in advancing Azerbaijan’s social and economic development. EF anticipates that SES will aim to strengthen partnership between formal and informal citizen groups, and municipal and executive authorities in order to boost citizen participation in the prioritization and decision-making processes for addressing citizens’ critical needs.
The CD Specialist should serve as the lead technical advisor to the COP and DCOP/Technical Director with respect to developing, refining, and implementing various curricula focused on developing the skillsets of both civil society organizations and community stakeholders and citizens to effectively engage with government and exercise their rights under the law. Given the additional focus on creating more opportunities for women and youth to be active participants in their communities, experience applying a gender and youth lens in programming will be necessary.
- 7 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of organizational capacity development, civic engagement, curriculum development, or other comparable sectors
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in project management in complex environments with multiple sub-grantees.
- Demonstrated experience incorporating a gender and youth lens in programming
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; Master’s degree is preferred
- Azerbaijani proficiency required (oral and written)
- English proficiency desirable (oral and written)
- References for the last three (3) years of work experience are required and will be verified.
Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. This position is contingent upon funding.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CDS-SES” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.