Vacancy for USAID Azerbaijan SES-COPJobs 25.04.2021
- Location: Azerbaijan
- Job Type: Full-time (contingent on funding)
Eurasia Foundation is a U.S.-based non-profit, nonpartisan organization committed to helping citizens in countries in transition realize their full potential and transform their societies. EF supports governments and citizens to enhance responsive, accountable and transparent governance, and helps citizens build a stronger, more resilient civil society. EF is committed to supporting meaningful and lasting change at the community, regional and national levels. Its work is based on the principles of inclusiveness, collaboration, and locally sourced solutions.
EF is seeking applications for a Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming USAID-funded Social Engagement Support (SES) Activity in Azerbaijan. The overall goal of the SES Activity is to strengthen local partnerships to enhance citizen participation in advancing Azerbaijan’s social and economic development. EF anticipates that SES will aim to strengthen partnership between formal and informal citizen groups, and municipal and executive authorities in order to boost citizen participation in the prioritization and decision-making processes for addressing citizens’ critical needs.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall technical and management oversight and will ensure the successful implementation of all aspects of the program. In addition, s/he will be responsible for high-level coordination and communication with multiple stakeholders, including the Government of Azerbaijan representatives, USAID and other donors. The successful candidate will demonstrate thorough understanding of the issues surrounding community and civil society development in transitional countries and will bring proven exertise in different models for civic engagement, cross-sectoral collaboration, co-creation, experimentation and learning by doing approaches.
Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. This position is contingent upon funding.
- Provide technical direction and oversight to ensure the integrity and quality of the program delivery
- Lead annual work planning, including strategic engagement with key stakeholders such as leading civil society organizations, relevant government institutions and local partners
- Serve as the primary point of contact for USAID and local partners; maintain productive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Supervise donor reporting requirements, including quarterly and annual program reports and other deliverables as specified in the cooperative agreement
- Deliver high-level presentations as needed to activity stakeholders, including USAID, EF senior management and in-country counterparts
- Oversee all project operations and staff as well as financial planning and budgeting processes in collaboration with EF headquarters management and technical staff
- Master’s degree in international development, international affairs, political science, public policy, or other relevant areas of study
- Possess a thorough understanding of the issues surrounding civil society development in transitional countries, including opportunities for civic engagement and cross-sectoral collaboration; knowledge of Azerbaijani civil society development preferred
- Ten years of relevant experience managing international development programs in a similar position
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a diverse team of employees, including expatriate and local staff
- Experience working with community and civil society organizations to diversify their funding sources strongly preferred but not required
- Deep familiarity and understanding of USAID policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated track record of working collaboratively with local stakeholders, including civil society organizations and civic groups, constituents, government officials and the media
- Proven experience with co-creation exercises, fostering experimentation, and encouraging programmatic risks where warranted
- Exceptional abilities in exercising good judgement, creative problem solving and dynamic hands-on management
- Experience working in the Europe and Eurasia region strongly preferred
- Professional fluency in English is required; proficiency in Azerbaijani is preferred, but not required
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “COP-SES” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.