At bp, we are looking for a Senior Operational Risk Auditor to join our Internal Audit team based in Baku, Azerbaijan focused on bp Production and Operations business.
In this position you will be reporting to the Senior Audit Manager and participating in and leading high quality and insightful audit work. You will also contribute to internal audit’s digital and modernization agenda and agile ways of working with an open mindset. This will give you an excellent opportunity to broaden yourself and develop leadership skills.
About the role:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Conduct interviews, record, and field check in line with audit test plans, communicate issues to the audit lead as they arise, develop insightful findings with verifiable corrective actions, agree findings and take corrective actions.
• Apply subject matter knowledge to audit work and deliver high quality, well written audit reports.
• Lead a team of other internal audit team members to deliver impactful audit reports, providing coaching, support, mentoring and development opportunities.
• Manage audit fieldwork, business communications, reporting and close-out in line with internal audit requirements.
• Support vice presidents and senior audit managers in developing a draft annual audit programme in line with internal audit’s methodology.
• Support/contribute to the development of a common audit approach and tools.
• Contribute to significant change programmes identified as a part of internal audit’s continuous improvement activity.
You will hold a University degree in engineering or in science.
It would also be essential that you have:
• Minimum of 10 years' industry experience
• Knowledge of inspection and maintenance (e.g. mechanical, inspection or corrosion engineer or maintenance supervisor) or risk/process safety management (e.g. technical authority or engineering/maintenance/operations leader or process/process safety engineer) or operations (e.g. superintendent/shift supervisor or operations/production team leader)
• Strong partnering skills and ability to manage relationships with senior stakeholders
• Proven track record of leading teams
• Experience in improving processes and systems
• Ability and willingness to travel offshore, including ability to ride in a helicopter or boat. Possess or be able to secure offshore readiness certification
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!