Vacancy for Adviser to the Managing Director in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 30.03.2021
ADVISER TO MANAGING DIRECTOR (with international travel post-Covid-19)
The Joint Office of the European Savings and Retail Banking Group and the World Savings and Retail Banking Institute is looking for an ADVISER (M/F) TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR to support them in day-to-day operations and the preparation of high-level meetings.
ESBG represents the locally focused European banking sector, helping savings and retail banks in 20 European countries strengthen their unique approach that focuses on providing service to local communities and boosting SMEs. ESBG unites at EU level some 885 banks, which together employ 664,000 people driven to innovate at 47,900 outlets.
The World Savings and Retail Banking Institute (WSBI) represents the interests of 6,760 savings and retail banks globally, with total assets of $16 trillion and serving some 1.7 billion customers in nearly 80 countries (as of 2018). Founded in 1924, the institute focuses on international regulatory issues that affect the savings and retail banking industry. WSBI supports the achievement of sustainable, inclusive, balanced growth and job creation, whether in industrialised or less developed countries.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Planning, organisation, coordination and reporting of the meetings of the WSBI-ESBG Board of Directors, General Assembly, President's Committee and Coordination Committee;
- Planning, organisation, coordination and reporting of bilateral meetings with international high-level policymakers and regulators;
- Preparation of speaking notes and speeches for the Presidents and the Managing Director;
- Managing member relations in Europe and worldwide, including travelling to meetings in the member countries;
- Drafting support to the Management of working documents, speeches, articles;
- Assistance in developing contacts with potential members;
- Proactive support of the management and their day-to-day commitments;
- Working closely with the managing director's personal assistant.
- University graduate in a relevant field (international relations, economics, finance, law or similar);
- Excellent English (working language), proficient knowledge of German and French or any other EU language is a distinct advantage;
- Relevant work experience is a plus;
- Good knowledge of or interest in the banking and financial sector;
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment;
- Good writing and computer skills;
- Flexibility, proactivity, team spirit, ability to work independently, discretion.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- Multi-cultural, dynamic work environment;
- Exposure to top-level management and policymakers from the financial sector;
- Worldwide travel (travel currently on hold due to Covid-19).
Candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV and a cover letter to ESBG-WSBI Joint Office, online to the Human Resources department.