Vacancy for Project Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 30.03.2021
European Schoolnet (EUN) is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Project Officer (Ref: DigCi-PO2021-1) to join its Digital Citizenship Department. With a team of around 15 staff members, the department’s key areas of focus include online safety and responsibility, media and digital literacy, digital skills for jobs and life, as well as coding and computational thinking. The Project Officer will support the coordination and implementation of activities linked to projects and online platforms such as the Digital Skills and Jobs Platform, the School of Social Networks and Better Internet for Kids.
- Provide day-to-day project management and administration support, mainly for EC-funded projects.
- Support the coordination of meetings and online events including workshops.
- Contribute to the production of project deliverables such as reports, minutes and studies.
- Produce or edit content for various media and platforms pertaining to digital citizenship topics.
- Support online community engagement activities of web portals and the management of community tools (e.g. manage forums, help users).
PROFILE AND SKILLS
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. social sciences, digital media studies, business, international relations) with at least 3 years of full-time work experience in a similar function.
- Excellent written and spoken English; additional languages would be an asset.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Good knowledge and/or strong interest in digital citizenship topics, in particular related to digital skills, online safety and emerging technologies.
- Good data analysis skills (e.g. analytics, data visualisation, Excel).
- Strong organisational capabilities, flexibility as well as the ability to learn fast and meet strict deadlines.
- Diplomatic skills to liaise with a network composed of public entities, EU institutions and industry partners.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills to succeed in an international environment.
- Duration: one year contract (with possibility of renewal) starting as soon as possible.
- Deadline for applications: 23:59 CEST on 15 April 2021.
- Benefits: competitive salary in line with experience and qualifications, meal vouchers, travel expenses support, corporate DKV hospitalisation insurance.
- Location: European Schoolnet, Rue de Treves 61, Brussels, Belgium
Note: applicants must be EU citizens or possess a valid work permit for Belgium.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please provide us with your CV and motivation letter in English.
- Please send these documents as one single pdf file named ‘LASTNAME FirstName DigCi-PO2021-1’. Any additional information you wish to send should please be incorporated to the single pdf file rather than in the main body of your email.
- Your application should please be sent to Jobs@eun.org with email@example.com in copy and the vacancy reference (DigCi-PO2021-1) in the subject line. Thank you.
- Interviews will take place as soon as possible either in Brussels or at distance.
- Due to the volume of applications, we may only notify pre-selected candidates.
ABOUT EUROPEAN SCHOOLNET
European Schoolnet is the network of 32 Ministries of Education from across Europe,
leading educational innovation at European level. As a major international think tank,
European Schoolnet operates key European services in education on behalf of member
Ministries of Education, the European Commission and industry partners.
In particular, we pledge to:
- Support schools in achieving effective use of ICT in teaching and learning.
- Improve and raise the quality of education in Europe.
- Promote the European dimension in education.