Vacancy for Community Engagement Officer in Berlin, GermanyJobs 31.03.2021
MitOst is a non-profit association with over 1,400 members in more than 40 countries. We support cultural exchange, active citizenship, social cohesion and sustainable urban and rural development in the European Neighbourhood and beyond. We bring together people from across cultures, countries and communities and create space for vivid dialogue and impactful action at eye level. We understand ourselves as a platform for initiating crossborder projects and programmes in cooperation with various partners.
Since its founding in 1996, the association and its network have grown considerably. In 2018, the MitOst Board initiated a restructuring process with the aim to develop and implement a governance model that is better suited for the complex challenges that we face. In the next few years, we aim to manifest and operate as a decentralised network organisation with a combination of community and institutional members. More info at our website.
Starting as soon as possible, and not later than 1 June 2021, we are looking for a Community Engagement Officer (part time; 24-32 hours/week) in the MitOst office in Berlin. We’re looking for a person with enthusiasm, ready to jump in different projects, not afraid to make mistakes. The ideal candidate has some experience with community engagement, is ready to facilitate online and offline but also knows how to write an engaging Facebook post. The direct team consists of the Head of Communications & Community Engagement (to be hired) and an office manager. The Community Engagement Officer also works with various working groups (circles) in the MitOst office and wider network.
The responsibilities of the Community Engagement Officer include:
● Developing and implementing creative concepts to engage the MitOst community
● Implementing and monitoring various internal MitOst communication channels and tools (website, social media, newsletter)
● Supporting and coordinating various MitOst (online) events, incl. MitOst Festival and MitOst Co-Creation Space
● Various administrative tasks Requirements
● Passion for the MitOst mission, its network and approaches
● Relevant experience and / or qualification in communications, network and community organising
● Relevant experience with online tools for communication and campaigns
● Relevant experience with project administration
● Experience with facilitation is an added value
● Very good command of English as well as proficiency in German are required, other languages relevant for MitOst network are an advantage
● Confident use of computer software and tools needed for website graphic design
● Excellent teamwork, communication and social skills
● Intercultural curiosity and sensitivity as well as joy working with people
● Ability for independent working and reliability
We offer a varied range of activities with adequate compensation in a dynamic and versatile organisation. A competent, motivated team with flat hierarchies awaits you, as well as a pleasant and family friendly atmosphere, and plenty of space for your own ideas. Our offer includes:
● Appropriate remuneration
● Contract duration: 1-year fixed-term contract from start date, with the intention to prolong
● Probation: 3 months
● Location: the selected candidate is based or willing to move to Berlin
● Working time: flexible working schedule yet agreed core working hours.
● Capacity: part time engagement (24-32 hours)
Send your CV and motivation with an indication of the earliest possible start date, desired part-time engagement and remuneration expectation by 15 April 2021 with subject “Community Engagement Officer” by email to email@example.com (1 PDF document, file size max. 3 MB). The job interviews take place between 19-22 April 2021.