Vacancy for Head of Communications & Community Engagement in Berlin, GermanyJobs 31.03.2021
MitOst is a non-profit association with over 1,400 members in more than 40 countries. We support cultural exchange, active citizenship, social cohesion and sustainable urban and rural development in the European Neighbourhood and beyond. We bring together people from across cultures, countries and communities and create space for vivid dialogue and impactful action at eye level. We understand ourselves as a platform for initiating crossborder projects and programmes in cooperation with various partners. Since its founding in 1996, the association and its network have grown considerably.
In 2018, the MitOst Board initiated a restructuring process with the aim to develop and implement a governance model that is better suited for the complex challenges that we face. In the next few years, we aim to manifest and operate as a decentralised network organisation with a combination of community and institutional members. More info at our website.
Starting as soon as possible, and not later than 1 July 2021, we are looking for a
Head of Communications & Community Engagement (part time; 24-32 hours/week) in the MitOst office in Berlin. We’re looking for a person with a strategic mindset combined with a hands-on approach. The ideal candidate makes connections easily, has a positive can-do attitude, works independently but not alone, finds their way in open structures and is used to the ‘new work’ conditions. The direct team consists of a community engagement officer (to be hired) and an office manager. The Head of Communications & Community Engagement reports to the MitOst Council (main governing body) and works with various working groups (circles) in the MitOst office and wider network.
The responsibilities of the Head of Communications & Community Engagement include:
● Developing and implementing the MitOst Network communications strategy, incl. developing a new website
● Developing and implementing creative concepts to engage the MitOst community
● Developing, implementing and monitoring various MitOst communication channels and tools (website, social media, newsletter)
● Supporting various MitOst (online) events, incl. MitOst Festival and MitOst CoCreation Space
● Various editorial support for MitOst activities ● Supporting fundraising efforts Requirements
● Passion for the MitOst mission, its network and approaches and understanding of the civil society/non-profit sector
● Relevant professional experience and / or qualification in communications, network and community organising in the non-profit area
● Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the development and application of online tools for communication and campaigns
● Feeling for (visual) language, editorial work and a joy for writing different text formats
● Very good command of English as well as proficiency in German are required, other languages relevant for MitOst network are an advantage
● Confident use of computer software and tools needed for website graphic design
● Excellent teamwork, communication and social skills
● Intercultural curiosity and sensitivity as well as joy working with people
● Ability for independent working and reliability
We offer a varied range of activities with adequate compensation in a dynamic and versatile organisation. A competent, motivated team with flat hierarchies awaits you, as well as a pleasant and family friendly atmosphere, and plenty of space for your own ideas. Our offer includes:
● Appropriate remuneration
● Contract duration: 2-year fixed-term contract from start date, with the intention to prolong
● Probation: 6 months ● Location: the selected candidate is based or willing to move to Berlin
● Working time: flexible working schedule yet agreed core working hours.
● Capacity: part time engagement (24-32 hours)
Send your CV and motivation with an indication of the earliest possible start date, desired part-time engagement and remuneration expectation by 15 April 2021 with subject “Head of Communications & Community Engagement” by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (1 PDF document, file size max. 3 MB). The job interviews take place between 19-22 April 2021.