Vacancy for Senior Project Manager in Vienna, AustriaJobs 14.10.2021
Thank you for your interest in Women without Borders (WwB) in Vienna. This document provides background information on the organisation, details expectations and requirements of the applicant, and provides an overview of the supporting material to be submitted by you and your referees. We welcome applications from individuals with work experience in management consulting, government, non-governmental organisations, academia, statistics, psychology, sociology.
Women without Borders (WwB), aQuasi InternationalOrganisation headquartered in Vienna, was founded by Edit Schlaffer in 2001.
To date, we have implemented some eighty projects across thirty countries in the areas of Female Leadership, Capacity Building, Gender Based Violence, Intercultural Dialogue, and Preventing Violent Extremism.Our emphasis rests on translating evidence-based research into needs-based grassroots programming.
- empowering the female leaders of today and tomorrow at the individual, community, and global levels;
- advocating for a future without fear, suppression, and violence against women;
- bringing the voices of impactful local leaders to the attention of the world;
- introducing and normalising the idea of mothers as the first line of defence in their homes and communities;
- supporting and inspiring women in the process of moving from victimhood towards agency;
• ability to work effectively in fast-paced environments under pressure while maintaining a high standard of quality work
• ability to proactively lead a team and drive independent work streams with limited supervision
• ability to adapt to ever-changing situations within project and organisational contexts
• ability to work with ambiguous and limited information to drive project workstreams forward
• bachelor's degree or higher; typically 5+ years of work experience
• advanced project management experience involving multiple stakeholders
• strong analytical skills (project and organisational financial modelling)
• strong writing, research, and oral communication skills and ability to work productively with individuals from different cultural and educational backgrounds
• advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
• background in the following a plus: statistical analysis, impact evaluation, psychology, or sociology
• advanced knowledge/expertise in one or more of the following fields a plus: politics & international
relations, public policy, modern history, P/CVE, human rights, women’s rights
• working language English, German a plus
Summary of responsibilities
General dutiesmay include but are not limited to the following.
• project management and office administration
• work closely with local implementing partner(s) and other stakeholders
• visit project locations
• conduct in-depth interviews
• organise and lead project kick-off and final events, including expert roundtables
• ensure systematic monitoring of workshop progress and evaluation of results
• compile and analyse workshop data
• report on project findings to WwB leadership and in external fora, as appropriate
• formulate and implement workshop follow-up plan for sustained impact
• manage project budget
• proposal writing
• conduct background research and produce/deliver report or presentation
• attend meetings, take notes, and write summary reports
• draft communications and contribute to online and social media presence
• additional administrative support in, inter alia, scheduling, travel and event logistics, contact list
management, data and background material organisation, expenses reimbursement
We will confirm receipt of your application when all of the following supporting material has been submitted.
o Covering Letter indicating suitability, reasons for applying, and possible start date(s)
o Curriculum Vitae of no more than two pages.
o Optional: writing sample of up to 5000 words, incl. footnotes/endnotes. Either a single piece, two articles/papers of up to 2500 words each, or a dissertation with an abstract and a short description that draws attention to relevant chapters or sections.
Note candidates who advance to the next level will be required to provide the following:
o Two letters of recommendation from past employers and/or supervisors. Kindly have your referees send their letters directly to email@example.com with the subject line ‘WwB Project Manager position Reference for [surname]’.
With the exception of references, please send all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org one e-mail with the subject line ‘Project Manager
Application [Surname]’.We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application!