Vacancy for Technical Advisor, Media Development in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 03.09.2021
Open to:Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Deadline:30 October, 2021
The Technical Advisor will manage and monitor select components of programs in support of media development in Azerbaijan, including planning, relationship building, training stakeholders, and other tasks. This role will support organization’s mission, in particular to extend access to quality education and information. The position is based in Baku but is eligible for occasional telework. This will be a full-time engagement and the employment contract will be for an indefinite period. This position is contingent on funding.
- Provide technical oversight of select program activities in Azerbaijan;
- Assist Project Director in designing new activities of the program;
- Serve as a focal point on media development in Azerbaijan region and other countries as applicable;
- Initiate, plan, and implement learning activities and events to support the objectives of assigned programs;
- Implement trainings and lectures on a range of topics, including media literacy as assigned;
- Contribute to strategic planning within assigned programs;
- Identify and collaborate with implementing partners coordinate efforts and share program results, especially implementing partners located in Azerbaijan;
- Represent organization in meetings and events with external audiences and stakeholders;
- Carry out additional duties and tasks to meet the needs of the organization, team, or as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in the field of journalism, law, or political science;
- Six (6) years of experience in the field of media support, and at least four years’ experience in the field of media development with a focus on Azerbaijan;
- Experience of working in Azerbaijan;
- Experience conducting trainings on media development for audiences from the journalism or media field;
- Specific experience working in media, journalism, media development or related fields, particularly in an international context;
- Successful management of or experience working on donor-funded technical assistance projects for media or civil society development;
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal, political, and economic situation in Azerbaijan;
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan and implement activities in the field of expertise;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a multi-national team;
- Fluency in Azerbaijani and English (written and spoken) is required.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your CV for consideration to email@example.com.
Please include a cover letter which summarizes your relevant experience and states your salary expectations.
Please note that successful candidates are subject to background screenings.