Vacancy Announcement: Integration ConsultantJobs 13.12.2022
Open to:Azerbaijani nationals
Deadline:10 January, 2023
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation with 19 Member States and more than 465 staff members. Active in more than 90 countries worldwide, it takes a regional approach in its work to create efficient cooperation and partnerships along migration routes. Priority regions include Africa, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Mediterranean, Silk Routes, Western Balkans and Türkiye. Its approach to migration management – structurally linking policy & research, migration dialogues and capacity building – contributes to better migration policy development worldwide. The Vienna-based organisation has a mission in Brussels and in is locally represented in 30 countries worldwide. ICMPD receives funding from its Member States, the European Commission, the UN and other multilateral institutions, as well as bilateral donors. Founded in 1993, ICMPD holds UN observer status and cooperates with more than 240 partners including EU institutions and UN agencies.
ICMPD is inviting all interested candidates to apply for the expert position of Integration Consultant for the “Support to the Implementation of the Mobility Partnership with Azerbaijan” (MOBILAZE 2) project.
The project EU-funded “Support to the Implementation of the Mobility Partnership with Azerbaijan” (MOBILAZE 2) is one of the outcomes of Azerbaijan’s continued progress in the implementation of the “Joint Declaration on a Mobility Partnership between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the European Union and its Participating Member States”, signed on 5 December 2013 in Brussels. The project’s overall objective is to contribute to better management of the migration flows and to achieve respect for the rights of migrants.
The specific objectives are corresponding to the four project components:
- Evidence-based migration and border management policies are effectively implemented by professional units within institutions of the Republic of Azerbaijan (Component 1. Migration Governance: Policy Agenda and Implementation);
- Migration data collection, analysis and application are better managed and monitored by institutions in the Republic of Azerbaijan (Component 2. Migration Data: Research and Analysis);
- Enhanced and standardised institutional procedures for capacity building on migration and border management are adopted and implemented by Azerbaijani institutions (Component 3. Migration and Border Management Skills: Capacity Building);
- Institutional and public communication strategy on migration policy agenda and irregular migration threats are implemented (Component 4. Migration and Society: Awareness Raising).
The expert(s), recruited under this vacancy announcement, will support implementation of the Component 3 in the area of foreigners’ integration in Azerbaijan.
The Integration Guidelines (further – Guidelines) have been drafted by ICMPD and State Migration Service (SMS) within the framework of the MOBILAZE 2 project in order to establish procedures and rules for the provision of the Integration service for eligible refugees and migrants residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan. The Guidelines foresee support for Integration activities in Azerbaijan based on the recognition that addressing refugees’ and migrants’ needs, particularly those in vulnerable situations, and supporting their integration into Azerbaijani society. Generally, the Integration service will provide two types of support to the refugees and migrants: individual case-by-case support for refugees and migrants and their family members (1); individual needs assessment and mentoring through the integration process (2).
The Integration Consultant (s) is to be recruited for the practical implementation of the Integration support instructed by the Integration Guidelines. He/she will be acting under the supervision of the ICMPD MOBILAZE 2 Project Officer and work in close cooperation with the designated focal point(s) within the State Migration Service. The workstation of the selected integration consultant will be on the premises of the State Migration Service.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The selected incumbent will be responsible for:
- Completing an initial needs and risk assessment for persons in need of integration referred to further stakeholders (such as SMS, MIA, MLSPP etc.)
- Contributing further development of the Integration Guidelines.
- Providing person-centred and culturally sensitive support to all beneficiaries.
- Developing a personalised plan of support for beneficiaries and ensuring that the plan of support is reviewed and the improvement is monitored regularly.
- Giving advice and support on a range of issues including housing, finance, education, employment, health and immigration, as required by the beneficiaries.
- Supporting beneficiaries with budgeting, registering with care providers, creating social networks, advocacy, / volunteering in community activities or events/ training, employment opportunities etc.
- Signposting to other relevant external agencies and referral partners as appropriate.
- Organising and attending group trips to local places of interest, and networking events for the beneficiaries.
- Developing links with external organisations or agencies to promote the needs of refugees and migrants to create opportunities for partnership working.
- Effectively managing a designated caseload of beneficiaries, as well as keeping accurate records and maintaining the confidentiality of the case files to a high standard. Ensuring all the relevant documentation is shared with ICMPD in a timely manner.
- Fully participating in team meetings, staff meetings, training sessions, supervision, consultation meetings with ICMPD and SMS, and any other relevant forum or communication processes. Regular reporting to ICMPD and SMS as established by the Guidelines.
- Accompanying the beneficiaries to appointments with statutory and/or voluntary services, if needed.
- Organising house meetings and visiting the beneficiaries both at their properties and in the community.
- Completing online or paper forms for employment, welfare benefits etc.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by ICMPD.
The Integration Consultant(s) shall deliver the following outputs to both ICMPD and SMS:
- Reports on all submitted applications by the beneficiaries for participation in the Integration programme, indicating if they belong to a vulnerable group or not;
- Summary of decisions made in individual integration cases and counselling services provided to each of the beneficiaries;
- Bi-weekly and/or monthly reports on the implementation of individual case management and integration support for refugees and migrants;
- At the end of the assignment, the final report indicating the lessons learned and recommendations for future sustainable integration programmes in Azerbaijan. Delivery of presentation of the lessons learned and recommendations to the project stakeholders in Azerbaijan.
The outputs and reports will be provided in Azerbaijani. The final report should be submitted both in English and Azerbaijani languages.
The draft deliverables must be submitted by the exact deadlines established by the Guidelines confirmed by ICMPD.
- At least 5 years of experience in projects implementation and administrative support, particularly in the fields of social service provision, social assistance, integration support, migration, etc.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, International Relations, Law Studies and/or related fields with three years of relevant professional work experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge about local and national social protection programs, social and cultural services, legislation and regulations related to refugees and migrants.
- Experience in case management and counselling;
- Experience in working with governmental authorities, international organisations and/or donor agencies is an asset.
- Knowledge and/or practical experience of work in the integration or migration field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as accountability, client-oriented, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- Experience in working in the non-governmental sector in Azerbaijan.
- Advanced computer literacy.
Proficiency in Azerbaijani and English languages for the smooth implementation of the project activities, as well as for ensuring the sustainability of the Foreigners Integration Programme in Azerbaijan, it is essential that the incumbent(s) is (are) current members of a non-governmental organisation officially registered in Azerbaijan. The incumbents will be required to submit proof of that. Inclusion of the provision of social services to the respective group of population in Azerbaijan into the profile of the respective non-governmental organisation as well as relevant organisational experience in this field will be considered as an asset.
Contract duration is 6 months (max 180 working days) with possibility of extension. The service is remunerated, and remuneration is calculated according to the experience of the incumbent. A daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and travel costs are provided where duty travel outside of Baku will be required. Health insurance is the responsibility of the incumbent.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application (personal CV and motivation letter) in English to MOBILAZE@icmpd.org by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated above. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applicants are expected to be available for a personal/telephone interview.
In the event of a technical issue with your application, please email MOBILAZE@icmpd.org