Vacancy for Engineer, IT Service Desk in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 07.06.2022
The deadline for application is June 16, 2022.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard.
Engineer, IT Service Desk is a key role in IT Service Desk function of the department. The main purpose of the role is to support students, faculty, and staff on ADA University computer applications and platforms, troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
- Responds to requests for assistance as per internal practice (in person, via phone, email, portal, etc.);
- Provides friendly and helpful customer service;
- Assists IT Service Desk customers with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as (but not limited to) virus removal/password resets/email setup/software installs/media classroom assistance;
- Maintains accurate records of completed and pending requests using the means provided by ADA University;
- Provides superior customer service to all IT Service Desk team, support personnel, and fellow employees;
- Be able to work independently and troubleshoot minor issues, but at the same time complying with internal incident escalation guideline;
- Demonstrate good social and communication skills in a professional environment;
- Performs initial diagnostics and suggests solutions for technical hardware and software issues;
- Based on incoming incident and problem requests conducts continuous self-development and research using available resources (vendor knowledgebases, experience sharing, internal and external training, self-education);
- Stays up-to-date with system information, changes and upgrades;
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree (IT, Engineering, Computer Science)
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good (above intermediate) PC literacy skills, DNS, DHCP, basic networking
- OSI model
- Troubleshooting skills
- Oral and written communication skills;
- Attentive to details;
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive work;
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and methods;
- Able to adhere to agreed timeline;
- Fluent in Azerbaijani and English (desirable) languages.