Vacancy for HR Specialist, People Support Hub, North & East EuropeJobs 15.06.2022
Last application date: 30/06/2022
Do you share our passion that ‘people are at the heart of everything we do’?
Are you excited to work within a multi-cultural HR community?
Then this might be the role for you !
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work.
We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
People Services is the face of HR, working in the frontline, supporting our people and delivering services and expertise globally across the whole HR spectrum, bringing a world-class employee experience to life for Wärtsilä. We offer our services from every region in the world with a hybrid and interactive set up so that we can ensure that no matter where our people are, they will get the support they need.
People Services. People First.
What will you be doing?
As an HR Specialist in the PSH, North & East Europe, you will work alongside a wonderful team of HR Specialists. Together with these colleagues, you will be in direct contact with our HR customers on a day to day basis, delivering them with a great employee experience. You will also have opportunities to develop and improve our Global HR processes by being a part of ongoing project groups.
Your work will focus on these responsibilities:
• Talent acquisition; including job adverts, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, providing an excellent candidate and hiring manager experience
• Onboarding; including drafting employment contracts, pre-employment screening, guiding managers through the global onboarding process of newcomers, hiring actions in our HR system, providing the needed information to local teams e.g. Payroll
• Updating employees records and supporting organizational changes in our HR system
• First level support for our employees and managers with their queries related to people matters and policies
• Throughout the employee lifecycle, you will bring local expertise to both the regional and the global teams
• Support employees and managers in using the self-services and signposting them to sources of information
• Contribute to the continuous development of our Regional and Global ways of working, identifying areas for improvement and opportunities for automation & digitalisation
• Routine tasks and reporting as required
• Regular collaboration with the different HR Teams, e.g. Talent Acquisition Services, Rewarding, HR Information Systems, among others, and with local HR Teams within your Region.
If you are solution-oriented and passionate about operational excellence, and you foster a culture of people-centricity, then you will fit right in !
The below will enable you to shine in this role:
• Knowledge of Serbia working laws and regulations
• Proactive and customer focused mind-set
• A systematic and organised way of working, with a high attention for detail
• Adaptability and willingness to work in a quick-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills, with cultural sensitivity, able to work effectively within a team and deliver services across different cultures
• Natural ability to collaborate successfully with others, seeking opportunities for improvement and optimisation
• Fluency in English both written and verbal, Russian and/or Serbian proficiency would be a plus
You may be at an advantage with:
• Relevant higher education qualification e.g., Business Administration or Human Resources or equivalently qualified by experience
• Demonstrable experience supporting recruitment activities e.g., administration of reference checks/pre-employment screenings, job offers, employment contracts etc.
• Working knowledge of HR Databases and Applicant Tracking Systems (preferably SuccessFactors)
• Proven ability to run reports, manipulate and analyse data
Why you and us?
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for.
You will be part of a team that is centred on support, collaboration, and fun. Whilst you may work virtually and independently on different tasks, you will never be alone among this team, and you will be warmly welcome to join their regular coffee calls.
Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
Contact & next steps
Does this sound like the job for you?
If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 30 June 2022, by submitting your application through our career’s portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified?
Please reach out to: Julie Benilan-Reno - Team Lead, People Support Hub, North & East Europe - email@example.com (only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to).
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com.
Learn more and apply,