Vacancy Announcement: Project Coordinator ClimateJobs 18.11.2022
Open to:NGO professionals
Deadline:02 December, 2022
EU-Russia Civil Society Forum e.V. (CSF) (www.eu-russia-csf.org) and its Programmes Department is looking for a Project Coordinator for its Secretariat (60% employment). The appointment starts 1 January 2023 till 31 December 2023.
The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, founded in March 2011 and joined by 190 nongovernmental organisations in the EU and Russia, is a platform for cooperation of civil society organisations from Russia and the EU with the purpose to develop common positions, increase cooperation between civil society organisations, coordinate their advocacy activities and make their voice stronger in interaction with the general public, governments and other stakeholders. The Board of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum stands in full solidarity with the people of Ukraine. The CSF is currently financed by the EU and other governmental and private donors.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for building up the Forum’s programming around the topics of climate, climate justice and sustainability. The Project Coordinator will run events, raise awareness about climate agenda and sustainable practices within CSF, fundraise and manage the Climate Justice Task Force. She/he/they will also support the CSF Secretariat in organising events in a climate-friendly manner.
Job Description/ Main Functions:
• Conceptualising and building up climate work at CSF: Initiating new projects as well as sustaining Forum’s initiatives in the field (Forum’s climate change report 2022, etc.).
• Coordinating Climate Task Force of CSF and climate advocacy activities.
• Developing networks in the EU and Eurasia on climate change, representing CSF climate programming at topical national and international events.
• Fundraising for CSF climate projects.
• Coordinating and/ or (co-)producing of various (online, hybrid and offline) events and CSF activities (webinars, workshops, discussions).
• Writing about climate and civil society for the media.
• Raising awareness about climate agenda and sustainable practices within CSF, supporting the CSF in organising events in a climate-friendly manner,
• Working in close cooperation with the Secretariat, members, stakeholders, etc.
• At least 5 years of proven experience in the field of project coordination in climate and sustainability, including professional networks in the non-governmental and governmental sectors.
• Strong administrative, communication, writing/ analytical skills, problem-solving abilities.
• Advanced computer skills, including visual editor software, advanced knowledge of Excel, etc.
• Ability to prioritise and plan effectively; responsibility and commitment.
• Excellent English; good command of German, Russian, other European languages are an asset.
• Valid work permit for Germany is strongly desired for applying.
• Employment (24 hours per week) at the CSF Secretariat from January 2023.
• Interesting job in a growing and innovative international NGO, involving interaction with leading non-governmental actors in the EU, Russia, Eastern Partnership countries and beyond.
• Friendly, intercultural working atmosphere in our office in Berlin-Wedding.
• Competitive salary. Accommodation/ potential relocation and other related costs are borne by the candidate.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application until 02 December 2022 (letter of motivation, two contacts who can refer about the applicant and CV) to Kristina Smolijaninovaite, Deputy Director, at: email@example.com .The separate documents should not exceed 1MB. The interviews will be conducted on the week of 05 December 2022 at the CSF Secretariat in Berlin or online. The introduction will take place through the first working week.