Eurasianet is Seeking a Caucasus Regional EditorJobs 22.10.2022
We’re hiring a new Caucasus editor. Come work with us in Tbilisi.
Eurasianet is seeking a highly motivated journalist to join our team as regional editor for the Caucasus.
The Caucasus editor supervises content production in the region, writing and editing daily stories on the most urgent political, social and economic issues facing Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and the South Caucasus region as a whole. The Caucasus editor works closely with Eurasianet’s team of local reporters based in these countries, helping them craft original, fact-based news reports and features under tight deadlines. He/she also creates items for posting on Eurasianet’s branded social media platforms. The regional editor reports to the managing editor.
Desired experience and competencies:
- Four or more years of news writing with magazine and/or daily journalism experience
- Native-level English and proficiency in Russian and/or a regional language
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, but also to function independently, showing initiative
- Well-developed news sense and analytical ability
- Proven writing skills
- Flexibility with changing situations or needs throughout the week
- Deep familiarity with the region’s history and culture
- Ability to multitask under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong proof-reading skills
- Willingness to mentor young journalists
- An unbending commitment to upholding traditional watchdog journalistic standards
- Fluency with social media, and a sound judgment for how to use it effectively
Compensation and terms:
The regional editor is a full-time, contract position. Once the successful candidate completes a 90-day provisional assignment, he/she will receive a one-year agreement subject to annual renewal. Compensation is negotiable.
Eurasianet works remotely. The ideal candidate will be based in Tbilisi or a similar time zone and travel frequently in the region.
Deadline: October 31, 2022
Send a cover letter, a CV, two clips, and a pitch for a feature you would like to write on the Caucasus to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an editing test. Eurasianet regrets it cannot respond to all applicants.
Eurasianet values diversity and strongly encourages applications from women and underrepresented groups.