Vacancy Announcement: E T Consultant in Tbilisi,GeorgiaJobs 26.10.2022
E T Consultant
Job #: req19421 Organization: IFC Sector: Operations Grade: EC1 Term Duration: 1 year 0 months Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment Location: Tbilisi,Georgia Required Language(s): English Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 10/27/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC Europe Department (EUR) is hiring an E T Consultant (Operations Analyst) to provide operational and analytical support to its operations in South Caucasus, including Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. The E T Consultant (Operations Analyst) provides analytic support to the Regional Manager and Team, actively supports them in the development of country strategies, contributes to project preparation and analysis, prepares briefs and reports on country and regional activities, organizes events, and engages with government agencies, private sector, and other stakeholders. This position is based in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The candidate must be a self-starter, capable of taking initiative to cover a range of tasks, with outstanding English speaking and writing skills, able to thrive in a small, entrepreneurial team/environment and to work independently with minimal supervision.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Support the Regional Manager and Country Officers in the development of a comprehensive IFC strategy for South Caucasus
• Keep abreast of regulatory developments that impact IFC’s general activities and provide input on local economic and business trends to IFC investment decisions and strategies. Work closely with the country and industry teams to research markets and identify current constraints to private sector investment as input to upstream market creation decisions.
• In collaboration with country/regional teams and strategists, (i) support the formulation and execution of country strategies and diagnostics; (ii) support the preparation of various briefing materials, and (iii) develop partnerships with World Bank teams.
• Conduct background desk research on political, macroeconomic, industry and sector developments in specific countries of the subregion, leveraging WBG, IMF, and other analytical and data resources.
• Prepare independently short notes on country specific macro-economic, political, development context, as well as prevailing private sector issues in specific sectors in the region / select countries, in support of strategy, research products, and briefs.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with IFC clients, partners and WBG counterparts in the country office to further IFC’s activities. Under Country/Region management supervision, communicate with the relevant members of the Government offices.
• Support business development efforts, assist sector teams in mapping exercises, contribute to integrity due diligence (IDD) analysis for investment projects, engage in project financial analysis with investment teams and support portfolio teams. Participate in missions, country review meetings and appraisal of projects. Liaise with IFC investment teams to monitor progress and performance of projects to solve potential problems when requested
• Provide analysis and research support across sectors, regions and clients
• Develop portfolio and pipeline monitoring tools for IFC investment, advisory, and upstream activities across the sub-region.
• Prepare visuals/graphics on key economic and private sector development trends and articulate key messages describing these trends in support of strategy and research products.
• Prepare briefings and presentations for conferences, forums, and other thought leadership engagement.
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, public policy, business, international affairs or related field and at least 3 years of relevant experience in international finance, development, and/or consulting and strategy in South Caucasus.
• Familiarity with the social and economic challenges of the countries in the region.
• Command of English (written and verbal) is required; knowledge of a regional language (Georgian, Armenian and Azerbaijani) will be considered a plus.
• Strategic thinking combined with thorough attention to details, thoughtful scenario analysis, and attention to quality of deliverables. Prior experience developing country and sector strategies and presentations would be a plus.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills in economics and/or private sector development work, including financial analysis and modeling skills. Demonstrated understanding of business, financial and economic concepts
• Utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data
• Team player with excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute tasks timely, ability to work effectively and with sensitivity in a multicultural environment.
• Full proficiency with data analysis and presentations tools including advanced capabilities with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, and other business intelligence tools.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Apply now: https://worldbankgroup.com