Study in V4 Countries with Visegrad Scholarship ProgramMaster 15.10.2013
Deadline: 31 January, 2014
Open to: Bachelor degree holders from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia
Scholarship: €2,300/semester, travel grant
The Visegrad Scholarship Program (VSP) is a specific program of the Visegrad Fund created to facilitate academic exchanges by providing financial support to students or researchers who are citizens of the Visegrad Group (V4) countries: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia and for foreign citizens to study in the V4 countries. All Higher Education Institutions accredited by the governments (ministries responsible for higher education) and Institutes of Academies of Sciences are eligible to be host as well as home institutions. The aim of the VSP is to support the mobility of students and researchers among the specified countries.
The level of supported studies shall be:
- Master’s studies (the student must have completed at least 4 semesters at home university prior to applying),
- Post-Master’s (doctoral or other postgraduate programs)
- The applicant must have completed a Bachelor’s program or, if the study program is not divided to BA and MA,completed at least 3 years before starting the scholarship
- The applicant’s home and host university must be different, the previous level of university studies must be completed in a country other than where the applicant applies for studies
- Scholars from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia
1. In-Coming Scholarships scheme
Suitable for scholars from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia and Ukraine who wish to study at accredited public or private universities or institutes in the Visegrad Group countries – the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia.
2. Out-Going Scholarships scheme
Suitable for current scholars or Master’s degree holders from V4 countries to study at accredited public or private universities or institutes in the following countries or territories: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine.
3. Intra-Visegrad Scholarships scheme
Suitable for scholars coming from one of the Visegrad Group (V4) countries (the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia) who plan to study at any accredited public or private university or institute in any V4 country other than that of their citizenship.
Successful applicants within all schemes will receive scholarships of €2,300/semester and the corresponding host universities/institutes receive €1,500/semester/scholar.
Applicants whose current (at the time of applying) university or employer is further than 1,500 km from the selected host university/institute are eligible for a one-time travel grant.
Submit your application on-line here. The printed and signed application must be delivered with the compulsory annexes:
- Certified translation of a diploma
- Original acceptance letter from the host university/institution
- Original working plan of the study/research period (PhD) or Original list of courses (MA)
- Recommendation letter (only for Post-Master’s level)
The complete application with annexes shall be sent by post or delivered personally by 31 January to the following address:
International Visegrad Fund
Kráľovské udolie 8
811 02 Bratislava
For more information please visit the official website.