WHO/TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship for MPH - Call for Applications for 2018-2019Master 30.08.2017
The James P. Grant School of Public Health (JPGSPH) at BRAC University in Dhaka, Bangladesh is accepting applications for TDR International Post Graduate Training Scheme Master of Public Health (MPH) Programme 2018-19 beginning in January 2018. Taught in English, the MPH Programme is a 12-month full-time programme which promotes problem-based experiential learning.
The scholarships are supported by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland, provides full scholarship. Candidates and residents in low- and middleincome countries (LMICs) of WHO South-East Asia (http://www.searo.who.int/about/en/) and West Pacific (http://www.wpro.who.int/countries/en/)Regions are eligible to apply.
The training will focus on courses relevant to a career in implementation research. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in lowand middle- income countries (LMICs) where many health interventions do not address those bottlenecks that impede on scale up and coverage. The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and boost the number and quality of researchers in LMICs. Further information on implementation research is available at www.who.int/tdr/publications/topics/ir-toolkit/en/.
Scholarship Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students, and will undertake a Summative Learning Project (SLP) on infectious diseases of poverty which include neglected tropical diseases. The students will be required to register in the TDR Global Platform expected to provide networking opportunities for all TDR alumni and stakeholders.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Nationals who are residing in low- and middle income countries (data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups) of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions.
- Applicant should normally be under 35 years of age
- Applicant must meet the following BRAC University requirements
- Applicant must submit a statement of purpose and letter of recommendation from supervisor
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in social sciences including public health, medicine, nursing, midwifery, health sciences or equivalent disciplines
- Excellent academic track records with GPA 3.0 or above
- Proficiency in Mathematics and oral and written English
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office and data analysis skill
The TDR scholarship covers:
- One return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Bangladesh;
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance;
- Support for Summative Learning Project (SLP);
Applying for TDR Postgraduate Training scholarship at JPGSPH
Students must submit their online applications for MPH Programme at JPGSPH at (http://sph.bracu.ac.bd/index.php/mph/admission/forms/97-education/222- admissioniframe) or admissions.bracu.ac.bd.
Deadline for application: November 01, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for assessment through written test and viva. Finally, the selected students will be required to confirm acceptance of the offer by submitting a Statement of Undertaking as per the regulation of BRAC University.
For more information on the scheme at JPGSPH, please contact:
Md. Saiful Islam Assistant Programme Coordinator James P. Grant School of Public Health Email: email@example.com Phone: +880-2-9827501 - 4 Extension – 6034
Md Koushik Ahmed Programme Coordinator James P. Grant School of public Health Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +880-2-9827501 - 4 Extension - 6015