40 Scholarships for International Students at University of Messina (UniME) in Italy, 2017-2018Master 17.03.2017
The University of Messina (UniME) is offering 40 scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for students enrolling to a UniME two-year long Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale) for the academic year 2017/2018.
For the purposes of the Call, international students are those students holding a degree awarded by a foreign University (not Italian) whilst with the term “enrollment” it is considered the registration to the first year of a Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale).
The University of Messina is a public university located in Messina, Italy. Founded in 1548 by Ignatius of Loyola, it became the model for hundreds of Jesuit colleges. The university is organized in 11 Faculties.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language. Scholarships are available for students enrolling to a UniME two-year long Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale).Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
In order to apply for the scholarship, candidates must hold
- A degree awarded by a foreign University recognized as being appropriate to enroll to a Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale).
- A certificate of Italian language (B2 level) issued by the C.L.I.Q. (Certificazione LinguaItaliania di Qualità) system (in case of enrollment to a Master degree programme taught in Italian), or
- One of the following certificate of English language: TOEFL iBT internet based (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 87 -109; ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages -Pitman): B2 IESOL Communicator; IELTS (International English Language Testing System
- University of Cambridge): 5.5 – 6.5; ISE (Integrated Skill in English – Trinity College London): B2 ISE II; LCCIEB (London Chamber of Commerce & Industry Examinations Board): Level 5; FCE (First Certificate in English – University of Cambridge) (in case of enrollment to a Master degree programme taught in English).
In case of no certification, candidate’s language knowledge will be evaluated by a Commission in a conference-call examination.
In accordance with the Call, selected candidates will benefit from a 100€ monthly grant, free accommodation in one of the UniME student Halls of Residence and exemption from the payment of tuition fees for the whole duration of the programme.
Candidates must apply on-line. In the application, candidates must indicate the Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale) to which he/she wants to enroll and uphold the following documents (either in English or Italian):
- Curriculum vitae
- Language certificate
- A motivation letter or/and a Reference letter provided by the University/Higher Education Institution (HEI) where the candidate gained the degree/latest qualification.
- Official transcript of records of previous studies in English or translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority (Embassy/Consular if abroad);
- Photocopy of a valid passport.
After the first on-line access it is possible to save the application and modify/integrate it in further sessions. The application will be processed only if duly filled and “submitted”. Once the application is submitted it cannot be modified.
In order to apply, .