Visby Programme Scholarships for master’s level studies 2018/2019Master 13.11.2017
The Swedish Institute (SI) Visby Programme is a scholarship programme for student, research and expert mobility in both directions between Sweden and Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
The Visby Programme aims at building capacity in young professionals who have the ambition to play an active role in society and to contribute to a positive development in their home countries and region.
The programme focuses on the individual mobility of young, academic talents to promote professional collaboration and lasting relations between Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Sweden and Ukraine. The goal is to build an integrated, knowledge-based and research-intense region where environmental and social sustainability, innovation and responsibility in management are key factors in achieving sustainable economic growth and regional development.
The programme is open to candidates from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Ukraine. A scholarship cannot be granted for a student who:
- have already lived in Sweden for two years or more previous to the scholarship period.
- have a Swedish or EU/EES citizenship*, permanent residence permit or a work permit in Sweden.
- have previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university/university college. Former participants of the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP), and students who have attended SI summer courses in the Swedish language, or the Swedish Institute Summer University (SISU) may still apply.
- have already been awarded three or more scholarships/grants from SI.
- already hold a degree from a Swedish university/university college.
- are currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish university/university college.
*Exception. Students with dual citizenships may still apply for a Visby scholarship, but must apply with their eligible citizenship both to the Swedish Institute and University Admissions.
- SEK 9,000 montly grant for living expenses
- Tuition fee cover
- Travel grant of SEK 5,000
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
Application period: 2-9 February 2018 for the academic year 2018/2019.
On 5 April, a list of successful applications will be posted on www.si.se. At the same time, successful candidates will recieve an email from SI with the official scholarship offer. If your application is successful, you must accept your scholarship before the indicated deadline in the email or the offer will be given to another applicant.
In order to apply, .