Call for Applications, Fulbright Foreign Student Program in USAMaster 13.04.2018
Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Sponsored by the United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Fulbright Foreign Student Program is designed to provide opportunities for Azerbaijani youth to continue their education via master’s degree studies in U.S. universities. Fellowships are awarded competitively to highly qualified candidates who best demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the goals of the Fulbright Program.
Requirements for the candidates:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of Azerbaijan. Citizens of other countries are not eligible to apply.
- Residency: Applicants have to be currently residing in Azerbaijan.
- Work Experience: Applicants must have at least two years of consecutive full time work experience.
The Fulbright program calls for applications in all fields of study with the exception and preferences as below:
- Applications in the field of business administration leading to the MBA degree or in Law leading to the LLM degree are not eligible.
Candidates with excellent academic records, demonstrated leadership skills, and at least two years of consecutive work experience in the following fields:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Environmental Sciences
- Public Administration
- Public Policy
- Public Health
- Social Work
The Institute of International Education is responsible for requesting and confirming placement of students at the universities in the U.S.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program cannot accept self-placed applicants; applicants who have already applied to a U.S. university on their own will not be considered.
The application form consists of the following documents:
- Application form
- Personal Statement essay
- Field of Study essay
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (one academic, two professional in English)
- IF AVAILABLE, Standardized Test Scores by the time of application submission (minimum TOEFL IBT 90 and IELTS 7.0); otherwise only short-listed candidates will be required to take the official TOEFL and GRE tests which will be funded by the U.S. Embassy Baku
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Diplomas and transcripts (copies of notarized diplomas and transcripts with English translations are required to upload to the online application form at Embark. Do not bring the hard copies to the embassy)
Link to the application form:
Deadline: June 1 2018
Timeline for selection Process 2018-2019:
June 1 — Application Deadline
July 15 — Notification of selected candidates
Mid-August — Interviews
Mid-September — Notification of finalists from Azerbaijan
End of October — Deadline for submitting tests required for program
December — IIE submit applications on behalf of students to U.S. Universities
March-April — Results announced for applicants admitted to universities
April-May — Collection of departure documents, medical forms
June-August — Departures for placement universities
For all the program related inquiries, please, email at bakuEducation@state.gov, tel: (012) 4883300 ext (3609)